Interesting note about mac communities.

Discussion in 'Community' started by coolocity, Aug 6, 2002.

1. coolocity macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2002
    Central New York
    We all know there are a lot of mac communities out there, but you never really see a community designated to only PC users, and if you do it's a lot of 'i own you lam3r' and 'i am and 3lit3 hax0r' and all that stuff. I love mac communities, despide the occasional flaming of newbies by some (alphatech) I'd say we get along pretty well :p Maybe mac users really are just, smarter.
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    This (IMHO) is because Mac users use a Mac because they love them, not just because they have to.
    I am also a PC user but you would never catch me in a community forum talking about them, what's the point? They're all boring beige (ok, I know there are exceptions...Sony VIAO) boxes with an ancient OS (Winblows has looked and acted pretty much the same now since Win95).

Macs are just more interesting!
  3. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    I have never found a PC community, but then again I have never looked for one :) There is a real cool site at though :)

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Ah, yes. I remember

The topic was brought up a long while back, actually.

And I hardly search for any peecee forums anyways, since I have too much damn fun here. :rolleyes: :p

Then, again, the guy/gal? who claims all the "fun" here would be the spammer, who has gotten about 1000 posts (as of this, a little less) in a matter of weeks. :eek:

An example would be these few posts. :D