interesting presentation?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jer446, Sep 24, 2006.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    Well i know its kind of easy, i could use power point, keynote, or others.. but i was just assigned a project in school to make a slideshow with just pictures on a particular subject in history..

So how would you do it.. i want to get a "wow" out of the teacher and what program did you do that in?! lol neeed to represent tha mac :)
    Any suggestions?
  2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    PowerPoint sounds like the app of choice and are you allowed anything else or just pictures. If your teacher only wants pictures then just go for it and give him/her some beautiful pictures with nice backgrounds.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    powerpoint is fine, just try and avoid overdoing the transitions between slides.

I understand the interest in the 'wow' factor, but you'd be better off using cool images to get that instead of overly fancy transitions.

Good luck,

4. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    well i guess i could put in videos too, but where could i get stock historical videos?
  5. heehee macrumors 68020

Jul 31, 2006
    Same country as Santa Claus
    If you want an "interesting presentation", flash is the program to do it in. But if you don't know what you are doing in flash, don't even attempt. :p

I do most of my presentations in powerpoint. Don't over do the "animation", it's better to find high quality pictures and use points to introuduce them, don't put an essay in a presentation slide, no one is gonna read that. Good luck. :)
  6. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm only really here at night.
    Over the years, I have learned that the #1 rule of PP presentations/slide shows is: K.I.S.S.! Keep it Simple, Stupid :)

Do NOT create slides with extensive amounts of text, or long, drawn-out explanations of whatever the subject is....BoRiNg/sNoOzE factor 4 u !!!

Nobody READS that sh*t anyway, they want to watch a slideshow just to see the pictures. If you have to have text, limit it to 4 or 5 bullet points and each point should be <<10 words.

As the others have said, use high-res, well-composed, and unusual but relevant pictures instead....that will get you your WoW factor :D
  7. annk Administrator

Staff Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If it's a slideshow with pictures only, why not make it in iPhoto? You can burn it to a DVD, export it to QT, or just present from your own machine.