1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Interesting problem on new IPT5 32G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AbacabMR, Jan 1, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am in the process of loading my IPT5 and I currently seem to be stuck at 6G of music and about 8G total (my previous iPod was an 8G 2nd gen... maybe this is related ?).

The 'summary' on iTunes says the capacity is 32G....

My 14 days return window ends on the 7th... I guess I will have to address this before that...

Maybe I need to reset the device ???

2. macrumors 6502

7thson

Are you adding via syncing or clicking and dragging?

3. macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

What do you mean by "stuck"? The sync hangs or it finishes but all of your music isn't loaded? Have you tried unchecking Sync All Music (yes, allow it to delete all your IPT music) and complete a full sync; then re-sync the music? Have you reset the IPT in-between?

4. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I'd restore it as new then test it. It might be the backup

5. macrumors newbie

It was my iTunes which was corrupted and still is...

Was able to download (on the IPT5 itself) tons of podcast and go over the '8G limit'.

Now using iTunes from Windows (via Bootcamp).

I tried many things on OSX (upgrade iTunes, upgrade (and buy) Mountain Lion, etc..) but nothing will download completely and install...

As soon as they make an android device that's similar to the IPT5 i'm switching over to Window / Android back again... I won't miss the 'black box' aspect of OSX / iOS...

6. Plutonius, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013

macrumors 601

Plutonius

In iTunes with your IPT connected, right click on your IPT name and there should be an option to reset the downloads (or something like that).

Looking at iTunes with my IPT connected, it's reset warnings