Interesting site...

Discussion in 'Community' started by eclipse525, Oct 13, 2003.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Here's a new site I ran into and it seems like it can have some sort of potential but then again for the subject matter it might get to main stream which kinda destroys the integrity of the concept. You may or may not have seen it but in any case here it is.....

http://www.thebroken.org/

~e

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

...the only problem is that after seeing hackers in action, and how advanced they are beyond the good guys (who play by the rules but don't share with each other thus falling behind collectively), i don't dare cruise too far into that sight...heck who knows, maybe my mac with boot up as windows the next time i turn my machine on:p

3. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Sites like that are kinda inspiring to me. Not so much on it's content but the fact that a bunch a guys can just get together and put something like this up. Granted, Kevin Rose appears on TechTV but it's still low budget and seems like alot of fun. Hell, MacRumors can do something like this and perhaps invite people that post on the forum to contribute or show up as guess for that segment. Would be kinda cool.

I don't think the point of the show is to thrust yourself too deep into that world but more to educate the interested few of what's going on and hopefully learn something. You can thrust yourself as deep as you'd like into that world. It's really up to you. Also from what I understand, they have no loyalty to platforms. They use what they need in order to get the job done.

~e

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Hehe that sounds cool, I wounder if we could ever do stuff like that, haha.

Sounds like fun...

:p