Interesting Survey

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kwyjibo, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

somehow i got 5... despite living in korea for 2 years, and having a chinese roommate for 3 years who would always kinda talk about how easy it is to tell the difference... i want to see how many he'll get. hah

3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Never judge a book by the cover.
    I didn't do well either, but that's not something that I would do normally.

It would also be interisting to see if all these people had accents? I suppose it's an assumption that the people in the photos might speak English.

Heck, I'm a mutt. I would like to see a quiz where one had to pick out what a person’s ancestry is.

Does it really matter?

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

7--average. I knew I couldn't tell them apart, despite having many friends who are Korean and Chinese. Don't know to many people who are Japanese, though.

I met a guy who said he could tell apart Indians from Pakistanis, even if they're wearing american clothes. What an idiot, they are the same ethnicity and were the same country until fifty years ago. Can't tell something apart when there's no difference, I always say.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha! 2! Woohoo!

I don't think it helps when the people are making faces.

I got - 'Its very tough to do so bad' ;)

D

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

if you read the posts below the game on the main page, you'll have another good laugh. especially if you imagine the voice of a wise and humble, soft-spoken Asian-woman speaking these immutable truths...Like Wing for example.

7. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I got a 4. I'm "hopeless". At least I can tell the difference between their writing(can't read it though).

8. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I took that a while back, I neglect to mention my score but it was pretty low :eek:

9. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

8. If they were talking and I could see them physically (acting, walking, doing anything) I'd get more. :)

How about doing a European All Looks The Same test? Or All World ...? Or All Blacks Look The Same? An American Black is easy to recognize e.g. from Asian and European blacks. But .. now that there are 3rd generation blacks everywhere, put casual 3 alternatives.. This black is from Sweden, Argentina or Spain? Portugal, USA, Brazil? Is this white guy from Ireland, Sweden, Russia? Finland, Falkland/Malvinas, Estonia?

Let me tell something embarassing. I was once in a supermarket, somewhere in Finland. A woman asked me something where to find a product. I didn't think she looked anything different from the local folks (ok, dark hair but taht's not uncommon even there). She later told she was Chinese. I thought she was Finnish. That's pretty bad, huh? :eek:

10. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

What the...

don't we have any asian people here?

:confused:

I did 'very poor'/horrible.

I have one korean friend, but he is so americanized.

:p

Ech, I got a 6, I was horrible, Horrible I say!

:(

11. howard macrumors 68020

howard

hmm i got an 8 but i think it was mostly luck...i seem able to tell if there japanese but when it comes to chinese or korean i get lost

12. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

Hmmm. I got an 11! I see a lot of Koreans just about every day, but that's about it. I'm sure it was just luck...what if you put Michael Jackson in a white or black line-up?

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I got a 6 - at the time I thought it was bad.... before I saw people getting 4 and worse ;).

I know a bunch of koreans though.... :)

scem0

14. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Not as good as I though I would be...

Well, I got all the Japanese people right (thankfully, given I live in Tokyo).

Only got 13 overall...it was difficult with the mugshots pulling faces. Still, I would have liked to score higher.

How about a test with straight and gay people...that would be interesting...

15. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i feel horrible that i got a 3...i ask that all the koreans, chinese, and japanese members forgive my american ignorance.

16. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

glad u guys enjoyed this. I think its more for fun kinda to see how actual the magic eye is....