Interesting thought on both aTV and iPhone...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sean7512, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    Now, I love both products and you will not see me bitching about either of them. But, I am thinking...Since neither of these are shipping now, do you think that Apple will upgrade them b4 they ship. Like change the aTV to 60GB HDD and then up the iPhones to 8GB or 10GB. The only reason I'm thinking this is because Apple did that with the MBPs. They bumped them from 1.66 -> 1.83 and 1.83 -> 2.0 Just an observation...
  2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Aug 27, 2003
    Six months ... I think Apple may upgrade the memory in the iPhone, but not likely unless the other cell companies play ball and up their capacities.

They won't up the iTV as it is mostly for Apple media. 40 GB is enough if you have a second computer actually storing the stuff.
  3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2006
    personally I dont think so. The iPhone seems to be a "good deal" I still wish it was alot less, and I dont see them bringing it down unless someone releases a "real" competitor. With the appletv coming so soon i doubt itll be upgraded,
  4. Silentwave macrumors 68000

May 26, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    As I posted earlier, I think that it is entirely possible that changes in flash memory prices (or as pointed out here, competition) may induce them to do one of three things

1) cut the price on the 4gig/8gig models
    2) upgrade the 4/8 to 6/10, 8/12, 8/16 etc.
    3) cut the price on the existing ones, and add a larger capacity one at a premium around where the current 8gig announcement is.

For the Video iPod, plus photo album, plus mini computer that this is, 4GB won't be enough for me- 8GB minimum, and I'd prefer 12.
  5. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005
    I'm not sure about aTV, but with cell phones, usually they come out with the same or less specification than they had when sent to the FCC. I don't know why, but I'd hazard a guess that's why manufacturers have so many different models that are only marginally different.

I can see Apple bringing out different models, as opposed to updating it so soon (Jobs hinted there'd be more models and functions to come).
  6. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    You guys bring valid points about competition and such. Personally, I am buying an iPhone in June, as I am BLOWN away with it. It is seriously everything I could have dreamed for and more. It sure is an exciting time to be an Apple fan!!
  7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Oct 31, 2006
    I would definitely buy an iPhone, but I have verizon, :(.