Interesting

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Jeffx342, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

http://mirror.ati.com/vortal/mobilityradeon9000/interactive/index.html

click on the ">" next arrow (bottem right) until u get to the page Hydravision it explains about notebooks with radeon 9000 and has Hydravision etc. The pic has a man with a Powerbook in it....
    And the current powerbooks have radeon 7500 so could this mean radeon 9000 in the next editions?

2. Jeffx342 thread starter macrumors regular

Also if u go through the menu's at the end it will also show the pic with a man using a powerbook and displaying it on tv.

I remember a couple of months ago somebody posted this same pic but a larger version of it. Nobody seemed to know what it ment until now.

3. Jeffx342 thread starter macrumors regular

heres a pic

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      91.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Jeffx342 thread starter macrumors regular

heres the other pic

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      98.4 KB
      Views:
  5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

6. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

someone showed me that back in july, he thought that too, i doubt it would happen tho :(...but u never kno

7. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Interesting...the first pic like arn said was already discussed. As for the second pic...maybe the ti will get a radeon 9000. Will it be 32 MB or 64 MB...i'm hopin' 64 MB. Depends on whether the next update is october or beyond...

8. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

the explanation might be as simple as :

1. The TiBook is the best looking machine, and they just wanted to use it.

2. The designers laying out the web page are oblivious to computers and just decided to go with option nr. 1.

A looong while back I took a screen capture of a microsoft XP teaser movie where the people are shown browsing wirelessly on a Pismo Powerbook..... I posted that on maccentral I believe. Oh, wait, I retrieved it, here goes:

Attached Files:

9. Jeffx342 thread starter macrumors regular

I disagree Zarathustra, the Prismo looks like a basic looking laptop to me. The powerbook Ti has a very distinctive look and the images show very clearly* that its a powerbook ti

10. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I did not dispute for one moment that the Radeon pictures did NOT feature TiBooks. I think there is just too much read into a publicity picture. I would love to be proved wrong, but there is a chance that they plain wanted to use a good looking machine - whether it featured the new Radeon chip or not.

I have seen advertising for Intel based PCs in the former eastern block countries where they pasted OSX screen captures into the monitor. When I asked why they do it, they say it looks much nicer and expensive...

BTW, if you know anything about past macs, clearly the laptop in the XP picture is a G3 PowerBook, because at their time , the Pismo, Lombard, etc. were very sexy. The white logo has been photoshopped out, but the curves and the shape scream MAC!

11. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

12. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

damn right

Dude, zarathustra, that photo of the Pismo in the Microsloth promo is so damn funny. And that is totally a Pismo, look at the light bouncing off the back of the lid. Anyone who's owned a Pismo knows those curves and their rubbery touch.

I like the Pismo, but I like the new tibook better......

13. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

it's advertising. they use what looks best. one tv advert [where i am] showed someone doing their banking via the internet on an imac. the bank concerned doesn't support macs. a large pc seller has a an advert about leasing instead of buying, the computer used in the advert is a pismo, the apple logo is PSed out