Interference problems..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by queshy, Feb 12, 2007.

1. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Hello,

So I got those dual-wireless Z-5450 speakers from logitech, and they sound great. One problem though. I also got the MX -rev mouse with it, and the mouse only tracks well when the speaker basestation is OFF! That makes no sense...you figure Logitech would test their own products. The mouse is usable, but veyr jumpy. Once the speakers were turned off, the mouse worked fine. I really didn't feel like giving back the speakers since theyre big and heavy, and I like the sound of t hem, so I gave back the mouse, and exchanged it for the bluetooth MM, thinking that it wouldn't interfere. I was wrong. Bluetooth is on the same "channel" , and it interferes also. This doesn't make any sense. Didn't Logitech figure that who ever would be using such high end speakers probably would have a wireless mouse?! For some reason, it doesnt interfere with my apple bt keyboard. Should I give back the speakers? BTW, I paid 350 canadian for them (instead of the ghastly 700 advertised on Logitech's site...) I'm thinking I should just give back the speakers so I can use the mouse properly,and get a wired set. Or I could keep the speakers, and use the wired MM that came with my iMac. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. bullpower macrumors newbie

Interference Problems

Hey bud,

I have the same issues wid my Z-5450 speakers when used wid mac not wid the mouse but with my wireless internet network. I was told by apple to change my radio to channel 2 as its the strongest and the internet works now but not to the full strength. I have rang logitech and see if they can provide my wid a solution and see what happens.... Has your problem been resolved??

3. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

Wow. this is an old thread. I'd hate to dig it up - but no, my problem wasn't resolved. I'm now using the BT MM and the HK Sound Sticks II.