Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rasmuskl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2003
Bronx, New York
I have just started folding. I can quite decide what team to join. I mean i read MR alot and it would make sense to join. But there are also other all mac teams out there, such as macosxteam.

Why dont we start a Conglomerate InterMactional Folding Team that groups together all the Mac teams and try to fight for the top spots. Instead of jousting for the top Mac-only spot.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
First off, we're not an all Mac team. Many of our points come from PCs because that's what we have access to.

Second, there have been efforts in the past to get the teams to join up, but none have gathered any steam. For now, we're content being the #1 Mac team all by ourselves. ;)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Rasmuskl -- We would be happy if you joined us, but again we have tried and MacAddict didn't go with it well they had a poll with the choices 'merge with macrumors'
'merge with MacOsX'
but not 'make big all mac team' but it still didn't pan out.

pEZ

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Most of us here at MacRumors love the idea of a combined all-mac team, but none of the other teams like the idea. I suppose it's an argument over loyalty to a team versus loyalty to a platform, but whatever the case, it just ain't gonna happen.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Well do you want to be part of a small mac team that is losing people all the time (macaddict), Team MacOSX, or the number 1 mac folding team that is getting more points per day than the other mac teams combined.

:D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Vlade
Well do you want to be part of a small mac team that is losing people all the time (macaddict), Team MacOSX, or the number 1 mac folding team that is getting more points per day than the other mac teams combined.
:D

Wait wait wait wait, that can't be true, ALL of them combined?

:pulls our pen...cil:

No no no, you are wrong.

Add our first 3 mac team competitors they surpase our 7 day folding numbers.
Us right now (7days): 52,211.56
All Mac Competitors (7 days and up to the 200 team rankings): 80,321.39
Our competitors are:
Team MacOS X
MacAddict4Life
Team MacNN
MacCentral.com
Team Macphilez
Apple Computer, Inc. (irony)
MacEinsteiger.de (German site, dunno?)
Team xlr8yourmac.com
LCMUG_OSX List
The Official Spymac.com Folding@home team

= 80,321.39
No, we would get PWNED if they joined up.

That list for the for top 200 teams, I doubt the numbers would change drastically after 200.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.