intermittent express?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whyrichard, May 16, 2005.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

my express seems to be intermittent, at first thought it was the internet radio was listening to, but now i'm just streaming and it just stops from time to time, click and hold on dock icon, release on play. it begins again.

why would this be?

thanks,
    r.

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

It is quite possible that you are having internet connection issues. Are you streaming from YOUR comptuer that is connected to your express, or are you streaming from the internet?

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

sorry for being vague...

... earlier i was listening to internet radio through a wireless connection the express was sending, on itunes through airwhatever. airtunes?? and it was cutting out.

but then i was just listening to my regular on ibook music library music and it was still cutting out. since then it's quit, but i've had the internet radio cutting out problem for weeks!

any ideas?

thanks for your response!

r.

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I am still a bit confused, but here goes..

Has anything changed in your house that would be creating new RF (Radio Frequency) interference? Something like a Fourecent light, a large metal shelf near your Express, or even a new Wireless device in the house? You may want to try moving the express to a new location and see if the problem continues. It sounds as if you were having trouble streaming from your "local" PC as well as the internet radio, do you just see this issue when listening to music, or general wireless connectivity (internet or whatever) ?

Is your Express simply connecting a Stereo or speakers remotely to your laptop?