internal dvd burner

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bloodycape, Jun 18, 2005.

1. bloodycape macrumors 65816

I did a search and nothing came up here but, I have recently purchased the latest iBook 12 refreshed from apple for a good price. Now, the only problem I have is that it has no dvd burner or the option. However I read that there are internal 3rd party hardware. Now what I want to know is where I can find one and what is the best deal on one? And I keep here you loose target feature or something what does that mean?

2. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try here then maybe here but I don't have any experience with the second one so I'm not sure if it's a great deal.

4. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

First one is a about google help link and all I got was what you are showing in the second link. So I too do not know how well or how good of a deal the second one is too. Thank you.

5. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Are the dvd burner upgrades they are selling for ebay legit and will it work for macs?

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Frankly I'm wary of purchasing any electronics off eBay. You know, OWC, the sellers of all things upgradable for Mac, don't offer SUperDrive upgrades for iBooks. I wonder why.. I have no idea if a PB SuperDrive will fit into an iBook slot. Maybe the best bet for you would be an external firewire DVD burner? How often do you burn DVDs on the road, so portability shouldn't be a consideration.