Internal Hard Drives for G5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by TranceClubMusic, Sep 24, 2004.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    it should work, seeing as it's a 3.5" sata 150 drive. damn good price but it's oem.
  2. TranceClubMusic thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2004
    Miami, FLorida

What do you mean by OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) What difference does that make or mean?
  3. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    OEM doesn't have the same things a retail box would usually (cables, etc). Sometimes the warranty is shorter too, but this seems to have the 3 year warranty. That's a good price, and it should work fine being a standard Serial ATA drive. Just be sure to follow up on the warranty, but even without it, that's a pretty good price.

I've seen it a little cheaper, but the rebate makes up for it.
  4. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2004
    OEM won't matter in this case. I bought an OEM western digital raptor drive and I needed nothing else in the installation other than the drive. Also, when installing the 2nd drive in the Powermac, the little rubber aligning screws are already in the case, 4 of them screwed into a plate to the left of the drives. It took me about a day to figure that one out...I was calling everywhere trying to figure out where I could get those things. Maybe I'm just slow or something :rolleyes: . But, then again, I guess I could have read the Powermac directions beforehand too.