Internal Microphone not working on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mattson14, Feb 26, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

ello,

I recently tried using my internal microphone on my Macbook Pro (Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion) and no matter what I do it doesn't record sound at all. When testing it it gives no levels or any sound what so ever. I checked the Audio MIDI setup options and I noticed the Master Audio slider for the Internal Microphone is greyed out and fully set the the left which I think seems to be the problem. Is there any way to enable the master volume or has anyone had the same issue?

Thanks,
    -Matt

2. macrumors newbie

I've had the same issue. The output volume is fine, but the input is muffled and very very far away sounding. What's the solution?

Thanks

3. macrumors newbie

4. macrumors newbie

Same

has been happening the same with me, i was thinking about make a downgrade do the last version of osx lion ? has anyone has tried this ? or somebody has found a solution ?

5. macrumors newbie

Has anyone found the solution yet?! I have the exact same problem... using Lion 10.7.3, Master Audio slider is greyed out and to the left.
    I wanted to record sound on Logic.. when i tap the surface next to the mic, the meter senses that there is something there, as the levels go up a little, however it doesn't pick up the tapping sound. Doesn't pick up voice, taps, nada.. nothing..

Help!