Internal USB expansion card?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JPigford, May 20, 2005.

1. JPigford macrumors newbie

Looking for some recommendations to add additional internal USB ports to my PowerMac G5. I tried this and it didn't fit...so any other suggestions? I'd like at a minimum of 4-ports though 5 would be nice.

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

That is PCI, there is no reason it shouldn't fit. Sometimes the PCI slots can be very tight and it can seem like it won't go in but will with enough force (but be carefull). How didn't it fit?

3. JPigford thread starter macrumors newbie

I pushed to the point where I really thought I was on the verge of breaking something. I don't know how to explain that it didn't fit other than "it didn't fit." It was like a small part of the card was getting caught somewhere...like I said, can't really explain how something won't go in other than saying I pushed really hard and didn't have any luck. I tried for probably 30-45 minutes just pushing all over the thing trying to get it in...it just wouldn't. I've installed other cards without issue...but this one just wouldn't go in.