internal USB/firewire hub for my 3.5" bay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blondago, Jan 16, 2007.

1. blondago macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2007
    Can someone please help???? I've been looking through forums and searching the web for a couple weeks now looking for an internal usb 2.0 hub that's mac compatable. I've found the koutech kw-7102 hub which alot of pple recomend, but it apparently has been discontinued due to problems. I have a g4 sawtooth originally 500mhz. I want to pub an internal hub (usb 2.0 or both usb and firewire combo) into my 3.5" zip drive bay. I've read nightmare stories in some forums about some hubs frying their entire systems so i wanna make sure i get one that works. Can anyone help.....PLEASE!!!! i'm goin nuts here. Just upgraded my entire system.....430w atx power supply, dual 1.8 processor, 9800 pro mac video card......etc. I just need this mod to complete my project. Thanks
  2. davidangel macrumors member

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm trying to find the same thing. I actually purchased a $10 crappy internal card reader, but the usb cable is weird. It's got a 9-pin female connector at the end.

Any clues?
  3. blondago thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2007
    GO TO

Hey, i found exactly what i was looking for. Go to slides in a 3.5 in drive bay, and you can build and reorganize an array of ports......i have a 1/8" audio in, a set of RCA's, one usb 2.0, and 1 firewire. I still have room for another usb/firewire, and another single in port.....check out the site, you'll see what i'm talkin about.....built very well....have had it for well over a year now with no problems.....hope this is what ur lookin for