International Apple Stores: Canada, UK, Australia

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 16, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is reportedly working on expanding their international presence with new Apple Stores in a number of countries.

TheRegister.co.uk reported that Apple Australia has begun recruiting staff for a new store in Sydney's central George Street. Meanwhile Apple UK is recruiting for staff in stores in Milton Keynes Central shopping mall; Solihull; Exeter's Princesshay centre; Brighton's Church Hill Square; Reading's The Oracle site; Glasgow's Buchanan Street; and Essex's Lakeside shopping centre.

Meanwhile Appleinsider reports that Apple is planning a "double-decker flagship" store in Montreal, Canada. The new store will be located at 1321 Ste-Catherine Ouest (location photos) in Montreal's shopping district.

Article Link

2. macrumors 6502a

johnee

3. macrumors Core

Dagless

How many more Apple Stores does the London area need?

4. macrumors regular

We need one in Bournemouth UK, the media school, art institute and many design and media business runs on macs in the area, I think it would do well if Bournemouth had one, there is a couple Apple resellers, but an official Apple store would be better.

But the news of more Apple stores in the UK and worldwide is good!!

5. macrumors 603

notjustjay

Cool, so Toronto and Montreal are covered...

Bring on Ottawa!

(And bring on iTunes TV shows and movies, while we're at it...!)

6. macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Wheres the Irish store then Apple? You have your factory here so why not a store?:confused:

7. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Nah, time for a west coast store first. :p ;) Bring one to Vancouver or Calgary, that would be excellent... :cool:

Ottawa would be a great future location though as well. I really enjoyed it when I used to live there.

8. macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised they're going for Lakeside as well (in the UK), especially as Apple have the store in Bluewater, just on the other side of the Thames. Unless they can get a much bigger site at Lakeside and they'll close the Bluewater store.

9. macrumors 68020

Raid

Sorry Shard but I've got to say it, in terms of retail space, the prices in Ottawa look way more reasonable than Vancouver/Calgary! ;)

oh, I almost forgot to say it: Way to go Montreal!

10. macrumors 6502a

We need one in Cardiff, it is the capital of Wales!

11. macrumors 6502

X5-452

I thought they were planning on bringing one to Calgary in Chinook shopping centre. It has the 3rd largest revenue of any mall in Canada, with the first 2 being in Toronto. Montreal makes no sense.

12. macrumors 6502a

johnee

that is a bit strange, maybe there isn't enough irish buyers? I certainly would have thought Ireland would have had one....

13. macrumors 6502a

a "double decker flagship store" would look hot on Bloor in Yorkville in Toronto. Crazy rent, though.

14. macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Theres plenty of buyurs. Dublin city is full of Apple users and I cant understand why they dont have a store yet. Not even 1. I'd expect that in Dublin anyway but Apple must have other ideas. Boo to them

15. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Oh for sure, in terms of cost, you definitely don't want to be buying anything in Vancouver or Calgary right now! :eek: But it's Apple's money, not mine, so I say go for it. :D :cool:

16. macrumors member

The Montreal store wouldn't even be in a mall. And Montreal is still a bigger city than Calgary

17. macrumors 68000

Antares

Perhaps this is a similar to other manufacturers. Like in Indonesia...where people work in a Nike plant but can't afford to buy the shoes that they, themselves, manufacture. Or like the Island of Fiji. Where something like 35% of the population doesn't have access to clean drinking water yet entire villages may work at the Fiji Water bottling plant. Perhaps its a similar situation in Ireland..... ;)

18. macrumors newbie

Saint Catherine's Quest?

The store in Montreal will be on Rue Ste-Catherine Ouest (French for West Saint Catherine Street), not Quest.

19. macrumors regular

Hmmm...apple store Hungary would be useful.
    They have two 'apple' stores, but not the 'real' deal in Budapest.

Better yet, itunes availability in Hungary would be cool - the country is in the E.U. but you sure couldnt tell. :)

Peace

dAlen

20. macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

what...?

21. macrumors 6502a

RichardI

Apple certainly do things differently. A flagship store in Montreal?:confused:
    With the totalitarian language laws in Quebec, I guess it will have to say "Pomme" on the sign, or they could just use :apple: ;).
    I wonder how you say flagship in French? :D

Rich :cool:

22. macrumors regular

St Catherines St in Montreal is a perfect location for an Apple store.

23. macrumors member

Yeah, it's totally totalitarian here. That's why we have no big companies at all.

Wal-Mart couldn't even figure how to translate their name. We still mostly use a barter system, it's simpler

24. macrumors 6502a

25. macrumors member

Apple is planning a "double-decker flagship" store in Montreal, Canada.

Nice, but can be have a regular old mall store in Ottawa, please?