International CXT - One REALLY big truck!

Discussion in 'Community' started by ejb190, Oct 4, 2004.

1. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

depends on country
    her this beast would need already a commercial driving license
    the H2 with it's 3,2 tons is already borderline (3,5 is the limit)
    put alot of things into you H2 or try to pull soemthing on the streets and wait for the police asking you for your truck driving license ;)

3. makisushi macrumors 6502

LOL...someone had posted this in another thread a couple of weeks ago...

I looked at the specs, and it only have 220 HP (hell, my VW GTI has more than that!), but it does have alot of torque.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I remember about a year ago Dodge took this absolutely enormous truck that they apparently build for the commercial market, and seriously discussed selling it to consumers. This thing was an absolute monster, as big as or bigger than the IH model.

Darned if I can find it now on the internet, though. It was, seriously, like a small Mack truck.

5. ejb190 thread starter macrumors 65816

ejb190

Guess I missed the earlier thread...

Yah, that HP can be really deceiving. My dad's largest farm tractor is about 200 HP. But let's see your VW pull around an 18 foot field cultivator all day ;) Checking the engines on the full sized semi trucks, they only have 270-430 HP depending on the model.

6. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Would that be the T-Rex?

8. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Four people at 150 pounds per person would put you over that limit... That is unless they were overweight Americans, then maybe three or less.

2000*.3=600lbs.

9. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

that motor will easily pull a 70,000 pound trailer across the country. i think it is a *little* more powerful then your vw.

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah that explains why have never seen one over here ;) (neither a H1)
    are they even sold outside of the US ?
    (Ford offers only one pickup here..and it's not the F-150 ;) it's called ranger or something )

11. makisushi macrumors 6502

You guys sound jealous. I have an Hummer H2....the bigger the better! Why?...Because I can!

12. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

holy cow!!! :D that things awesome!!! :D

that's one awesome piece of machinery. i just checked the dealer locator as well, no dealers in Australia? :confused: oh well, i guess i'll have to get mine shipped over from New Zealand. :p

anyone know how much these things cost?

13. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I can't believe I actually saw one today on the road. I wouldn't have recognized it if it hadn't been for this thread.

They were towing a large, dual axle trailer home. Pretty nice little setup, but friggin huge!

D

15. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

16. dross macrumors regular

dross

The key is that it is a diesel and not gas so it kicks on tork which is what you need to get the load rolling. After that you do not need a lot of ponies to keep it going.

17. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I don't understand why this thing keeps being mentioned in the same breathe as the hummer. The Hummer is not a commercial truck. this vehicle does not compete with the hummer. I mean, for cripes sake, the hummer isn't even a pickup truck, its an SUV (or an SUT if you have a hummer H1 truck, but its still not a real pickup truck). Chevy, ford, GMC, they all make trucks as big or bigger than this thing, and in fact theirs are probably a lot more versatile and more practical given the amount of upfitters options for them whcih is relaly the important thing in a commercial truck (most commercial users are not going to use a regular pickup bed) This vehicle is really not that big a deal.

18. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well it is annouced as pickup not as a commercial truck
    who look very different over here BTW. (best selling commercial truck is a Mercedes Benz ;) )
    yuck that thing has a a 5 gear automatic tranmission... how can you cal lthat a truck
    i would say the buyer group is the same...people who look out for something big...

(and driving around with such a huge thing like an H2 or this over here would kill my nerves completly)

19. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Jealous of what? Using twice as much gas as necessary to get from A to B? Of not being able to see jack squat behind you or to the sides? Or of trying to compensate for a lack of something?

20. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You sound like a walking stereotype.

21. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Ridiculous!

That's just wrong.
    Why oh why would anyone need such a "thing".
    I do understand that if you are wealthy you do want to show off with a shiny car, but this ain't a car. The oil price is at its highest ever and still people want to buy crap like this.
    Well for those that need a truck for work, I could understand but this…
    Anyway I hope that this does not become the new standard for big cars and that every manufacturer starts building consumer trucks like this.

22. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

Its huge and it looks awesome. the only problem is that the gases prices are are shooting through the roof. How far does it go per gallon?

23. dross macrumors regular

dross

I bet it does well. Maybe 4 to 8mpg. I think I will wait for the hybrid version...

24. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hey, that must almost be as good fuel comsumption as the Escalade. :p :D

i'd have a CTX in a heartbeat - if i had that sort of cash to throw around. that thing is just so damn sweet...

looks like no one knows how much one of these babies are, i'll have to dig around a bit...

25. dross macrumors regular

dross

May be it is 0.4 to 0.8 mpg???