Internet Connect activity message

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by oweaver, Feb 25, 2004.

1. oweaver macrumors newbie

Running Panther on a TiBook G4. I did some disk housecleaning (trashed a bunch of files I felt were useless) and now Internet Connect presents a window every 15 minutes reminding me that I'm still connected and asking if I want to remain connected. Very annoying. I'll be d****d if I can find a way to switch it off. IC has no preferences.
    Would greatly appreciate any ideas. If the soluion is going to make me look like a simpleton, be gentle. Thanks.

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Re: Internet Connect activity message

Damn, I had that problem in the past and solved it. For the life of me, I don't remember what and I just poked around for 5 minutes and can't find the solution. Sorry.

3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

system prefereces-network click PPP options, under session options there is 'propmt every x minutes to maintain connection' ..you may have that checked on..
    hope it helps

4. oweaver thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it! Since I use DSL/Etherlink it was under PPPoE options. Same difference. It might as well been buried on Mars . I send overwhelming thanks and gratitude.. Funny how small frustrating things can get under our (my) skin.