Internet Connect won't launch

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by groovebuster, Feb 18, 2003.

1. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

I have a problem since I upgraded to Mac OS X 10.2.4. Internet Connect won't launch anymore. I tried everything including to repair the access rights on my startdisk. Nothing helps! Internet Connect bounces 2 times and then disappears again. I know it worked before under 10.2.3 and I desperately need to set up a VPN with a company I am working for the next few weeks. So a solution would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

groovebuster

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Have you already tried removing the preferences in your user library?

Also, can you use your System Preference Network/Internet Panes to maneuver around the situation?

3. groovebuster thread starter macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Yes...

No...

The Console gave me an error that a library was missing in the system folder. After I put a copy at the place where it was expected Internet Connect starts now, but crashes right away and the Console says this:

WirelessAttach: getInterfaceWithName failed
    Feb 18 23:42:58 Quicksilver crashdump: Crash report written to: /Users/chris/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Internet Connect.crash.log

Oh my...

groovebuster

4. groovebuster thread starter macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Never mind guys, fixed it myself last night ...

With the help of another MacOS X installation on another machine. Replaced the program file and some libraries and now it works.

I am just still surprised why the update to 10.2.4 scrambled that stuff...

Anyway, it works now! :)

Thannks to everybody who thought hard to have a potential solution but didn't post here because they also didn't have an idea what was going on...

groovebuster