Internet Disconnecting.. or something

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Muskie, Apr 27, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502

Muskie

I have done a search, but I wasn't quite sure what to look for. Forgive me if this has been covered.

I have a dual 1.25 g4, running 10.3.3, using Airport Extreme. We have at our house, my g4, my mother's g5 (1.6ghz also running 10.3.3), brother's ibook (g4 933mhz 10.3.3), and my other brother's iMac Dv (g3 500mhz 10.2.x). We are all connected to the airport extreme via cards, besides our iMac which is hardwired to the basestation. I recently (3 days ago) got the newest airport updates, so that may be the problem.

Just today, I have noticed I keep getting disconnected. The airport indicator in the menubar still says I have a signal, all of the other computers on the network still get internet, but for some reason, none of my applications that use the internet will connect. So I restart, shut down, or put it to sleep, and the when its back up, I'm connected again. For about 5-10 minutes. There is no indication that I get disconnected, I just have to guess that since im not getting responses from apps, I must be disconnected. Like I said, the indicator in the menu bar still says my airport card is getting a signal, and all my internet prefferences say i am still connected, so I have no idea what is going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. macrumors 601

stoid

Yes AirPort v3.4 had issues. v3.4.1 is now available and supposed to fix said problems. Update and your problem should go away.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie

ah thanks much. I guess having software update on weekly isn't good enough!

4. macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Muskie: exactly same thing happnd to me aftr the update..i went back to 3.3 after that..does 3.4.1 solve this problem??
    thanks

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie

abhishekit: yes it did. or at least it seems to have. haven't had any problems for several hours.

6. macrumors 6502a

amin

I had that problem too, and it persisted with 3.4.1. I have now "downgraded" to 3.3.1, and life is again good.

7. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Moving to 3.4.1 did it for me, everything is better than under 3.3.x