Internet Explorer for Mac ????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fab5freddy, Jan 31, 2007.

1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

Hi There, I am having big troubles getting some websites to work on my MacBook Pro. There are many websites, that only work with Internet Explorer...Neither Firefox, nor Safari works. How do people get around this ???

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Parallels, or even better Codeweavers, although Codeweavers' product does not support Internet Explorer 7...

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

What are those site.....because they suck!

Sadly IE 5 might have to be forced upon you...if there is any way you can not use those site, do it!

Also can you tell use those site? Maybe there is a work around in FF?

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

They stop visiting those site. :)

Usually I drop a note to the company or web master and ask them about it. Another solution is to change your user agent to IE (google for enabling Safari's debug menu) it will let you go. I think the most common cause is a company makes a web site, sees that it looks good on IE and instead of testing it on other browsers just artificially restricts it to IE only. In "the perfect world" all sites should render the same under all browsers. Of course they don't but... someday maybe!

5. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Try Opera instead them. Its great.

6. fab5freddy thread starter macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

the problem is those websites are official government websites where i am applying for grants and **** like that !!!

7. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

8. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

well unfortuantly you may be forced to use IE 5 (it pains me just to say that), but microsoft no longer allow that for download (as they are cheap) so you have to get it from here

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If they don't require Active X then you can spoof the browser to "pretend" to be IE as I explained in my post in the linked thread.

10. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Problem becomes though is if the Page uses say an inbedded Excell Page like the page I have to go to, to enter my Time on the job then the page does not format right. Have tried all the other alternates including spoofing IE with no luck. Crossovers howver allows for this by being able to Install IE6 and running the page like it supposed to be done. Its an expensive solution for just one web page but I have a couple of other sites that are that way and this is the cheapest route. However much I want to stay away from MS....

Bill.....