Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

public enemy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
COLORADO
internet explorer vs. netscape

which is better? and dont leave out safari? also if i run netscape or safari as my main internet tool, can i still run msn messenger? this is all on an ibook g4 :eek:

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Ummm.. Explorer is definitely the worst. It hasn't been upgraded for years. Best depends on preference: some like Firefox, some like Safari, a few Camino and even fewer Mozilla. I don't know of many Netscape users around these parts.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I just want to second iGary's recommendation. Use Safari, or Firefox if you're addicted to some of the extensions or frequent some (rarer and rarer) sites that Safari won't work (e.g. some internet bank solutions).

For IM, use Adium X. Lets you talk with buddies from many different IM networks like MSN, ICQ, Jabber, Yahoo, etc, at the same time...

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
kingjr3 said:
Did we travel back in time?
Hehe, I was thinking the same thing :p I use Safari at home on my Mac and Firefox on my PC at work. I prefer Safari. Explorer and Netscape run a distant 3rd and 4th in my opinion. Actually further down the list if you factor in Camino, and Omniweb...

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
Cooknn said:
Hehe, I was thinking the same thing :p I use Safari at home on my Mac and Firefox on my PC at work. I prefer Safari. Explorer and Netscape run a distant 3rd and 4th in my opinion. Actually further down the list if you factor in Camino, and Omniweb...

Firefox, then Safari, then Camino. Netscape (although, arguably firefox and camino are netscape) and IE don't even factor into it. It would be Safari hands down if it weren't for all those pesky extensions.

GreeneGirl7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Oxford, England
public enemy said:
which is better? and dont leave out safari? also if i run netscape or safari as my main internet tool, can i still run msn messenger? this is all on an ibook g4 :eek:

You can download and use MSN Messenger for Mac regardless of the other applications you use. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.