Internet help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by possible switch, Apr 2, 2003.

1. possible switch macrumors member

Jan 8, 2003
    Hi everyone.

Well, I've experienced my first problem with my iMac. My computer REFUSES to go to I can get there via an IP address, but then I cannot click on the links. I can get to Yahoo Japan even, but heaven forbid I go to

I think it's because I'm not getting cookies from them. I can get everywhere else. This all started about 5 days ago when our school network went down for a while. Ever since then, has been out of the question. I've done everything I can think of. Safari and IE both share the same problem. Any ideas? I can't live without Yahoo!
  2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    Sounds like the network yahoo's (pub intended) have put a block on the US/main yahoo site.

Contact the helpdesk people and report the problem.

Have you tossed all your cookies from either/any browser and then tried it?? Can anyone else where you are get to the site (people on Mac's with the same OS only)?

3. possible switch thread starter macrumors member

Jan 8, 2003
    Everyone can get there but me. All of my cookies have been deleted. The network administrators don't know what's going on.

It has to be network. I can't ping I can get to yahoo if I use their IP, but I cannot click on anything that way w/o getting a "server not found" message. I can go to or any other part of the site, just not the main site.