Internet Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JCN, May 9, 2005.

1. JCN macrumors newbie

Thinking about buying this G-4 from a friend. Brought it home and pluged it in to my network. I have two PC's and the G-4 connected to a DI-604 Router then to an Actiontec DSL modem. File sharing works fine with the MAC but am having problems loading pages on the browsers. They are loading very slowly and I get many "page not available" error messages. I load the same page on the PC and it come up immediatly. I loaded the Actiontec Installation Buddy CD on the MAC to see what would happen. It tells me that the MAC is set up for a static IP address and to change the TCP/IP to Using DHCP, which it is already on that setting. I tried every browser on this thing; Safari, FireFox and Mozilla, all with the same very slow page loaading. Any help would be appreciated
    :(

2. wkw macrumors 6502

wkw

I am the friend trying to sell the G4 to JCN, anyone have any ideas about this? The mac in question is a Powermac G4 dual 1.25 FW800 model. Running 1.25gb ram and Tiger. It is sharing a DSL connection with his PC network on a wired router.

bill

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Have you manually put in the DNS servers on the Mac?

4. JCN thread starter macrumors newbie

DNS Server

No, I did not, the machine added them.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Try adding them by hand, just in case this is a DNS issue.

6. JCN thread starter macrumors newbie

DNS

Tried that, didn't work. I called Qwest (ISP) no help, called D-Link, (Router) no help there either. :confused: