Internet links: Download Problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Ines, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Ines macrumors member

Hi I have a G4 ibook and if I am on a website and trying to download something via a link, nothing happens? Well it looks like something is going to happen then it goes back to the same page.

Can anyone help me please?

I am trying to download http://www.skype.com/products/skype/macosx/

2. Gee macrumors 65816

What browser are you using? If you're in Safari, the downloads window opens quietly in the background, and downloads your link to the location you set in the General tab of Safari's Preferences - go check what this is set to and it might turn out you've already downloaded Skype.

Edit: And if you want to see the downloads window in safari, go to the Window menu and select 'Downloads'.

3. Ines thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help, but the download window does not appear and the items are not downloading. I have chosen them to download to the desktop. Basically the page starts to reload when I click on the download item but then nothing happens? I am now trying to download the new tiger dashboards from the apple website and nothing happens.

Its so annoying - has anyone any more ideas please?

4. Gee macrumors 65816

Do you have Internet Explorer or Firefox on your computer? If so, try downloading in another browser and see if the same thing happens - will tell you at least whether it's a safari-related problem.