iPad mini internet purchase for Store Pickup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OldMacGuy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2008
    I have been trying to buy an IPad Mini (Verizon 32GB) on line ( at 10 pm sharp) for Store pickup. For the last four nights, none have been available in the Detroit area.

Has anyone been able to purchase a Mini on Line for Store Pickup?
  2. macrumors 68000

Jul 30, 2011
    yes, i did. but it was the 64GB LTE-Verizon model. and it was literally at 10:01pm. i placed the order at 10:04pm.

by 10:10pm just out of curiosity i went back to place another dummy order for the same thing and all 6 apple stores within a 30 mile radius of where i am were sold out of every version of the Mini
  3. macrumors regular

Jun 25, 2007
    i did almost 2 weeks ago. I went online around 9:57 and kept refreshing and in a few minutes there was only one store in the NJ/NYC area that had the 16GB Black WiFi model, so I placed the order and drove about 20 minutes from my house to get my mini. Try and go on before 10 and keep hitting refresh. A friend of mine did the same thing for the iPhone 5 and he got it the same exact way. Best of luck! You're going to love the mini.
  4. macrumors 6502

Dec 4, 2009
    I was doing the exact same thing trying to grab a Vz model at 10pm. I gave up as they were never showing up anywhere local.

Ended up getting lucky at a local Best Buy, grabbed one off their Tues afternoon shipment before the weekend rush cleared them all out once again. I'd recommend calling a local BB if you're driving distance from one.
  5. macrumors member

Jul 24, 2010
    I ordered 2 LTE mini's for store pickup at my local apple store using the online system about 10 days ago. I can't remember the exact time but it was several minutes past 10pm. I picked them up the next day.
  6. macrumors regular

Jun 20, 2010
    Got my 16GB w/ AT&T cellular using the app and in-store pickup. It was very competitive in SoCal. The inventory didn't get updated until few min past 10PM. As soon as it showed up I got it. After the order went through I went back to check and the store I got mine was already off the list. Good luck, keep trying!
  7. macrumors member

Nov 3, 2012
    I bought a 64gb ATT/LTE via the 10pm in-store pickup thing. Worked like a champ. I originally tried for 32 but nothing within three states around here.