Internet Radio...this is frustrating

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by adiliegro, Sep 26, 2004.

1. adiliegro macrumors newbie

Sep 23, 2004
    Before i switched, I could listen to my favorite radio station from where I used to live while I was online. I try to listen now on the Mac, in fact I try to listen to ANY radio station streaming their feed, and I cant. I get an error saying my browser isnrt supported. How can i do this? How can i listen to the radio stations? It wont work in firefox OR Safari.

Any suggestions?
  2. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Oct 8, 2003
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Try using Internet Explorer for Mac. I've found that whenever I run into a site that doesn't like Safari, it will like and work fine with Internet Explorer.

Also, iTunes has a few Internet Radio stations, you may want to look there.
  3. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Dec 27, 2002
    Alameda, CA
    There are several streaming formats (Real, Windows Media). Mac versions are available ( Make sure you have them all installed.
  4. iSuck macrumors member

Jul 28, 2004
    With me, basically you just download the playlist, which is actually the live feed and i play it through iTunes, i do it on my home pc and i do it with the schools iBooks
  5. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    There's also a way to make Safari appear as Windows IE 6. Do a search for it, to be honest I can't quite remember how to. You have to enable a hidden menu. And yeah, be sure to have Windows Media Player and Real for OS X installed.