Internet settings????

Discussion in 'macOS' started by moneyshot, Jan 15, 2007.

1. moneyshot macrumors member

Nov 23, 2006

I am having some troubles with my internet banking, when trying to do an overseas transfer, drop down menus appear for the country, city, bank etc... I have recently bought a new macbook pro and the menus are not appearing for city, bank etc. My ibook G4 before had no problems with this... I know its not the computer, but I cant think of anything that is different from before..:confused:

I have spoken with the bank and they seem to think it has something to do with my internet settings... Their system is running fine, apparently.;)

Is there anyone out there that could shed some light on this problem???

Thanks in advance for any ideas :)
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Is this through a browser? Are you using the same browser on the new Mac? Have you tried an alternative? I doubt this will be related to network settings but it may be related to plug ins. :)
  3. moneyshot thread starter macrumors member

Nov 23, 2006
    Mad Jew thanks for replying...

I went to an internet cafe today which had pc's using IE... It worked fine! :confused:

Im just accessing the site through safari, not sure about a browser... I dont think there is any difference between my old ibook and the new macbook pro.

Plugins??? any suggestions???

Thanks again and still confused...
  4. calculus Guest

Dec 12, 2005
    Some banks have sites that do not work well with macs and safari. My bank periodically makes changes to their site and we get problems for a while. The best thing to do is to keep telling them. It is not likely to be your internet settings - it's their poor support people who don't understand macs.
  5. kwood macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2006
    In the Great White North.
    It probably is a plug-in issue. The web site probably does not use a plug-in that is Universal. Forcing Safari to open using Rosetta should fix this.
  6. moneyshot thread starter macrumors member

Nov 23, 2006
    Hey guys thanks for the suggestions...

I tried switching safari to use rosetta but it still doesn't work...

I guess Ill just send them an email complaining that their system doesn't work with intel macs.

If anyone can think of anything else apart from buying a PC, please let me know... I dont like using internet cafes for accessing bank accounts.

Thanks again. :)
  7. zephead macrumors 68000

Apr 27, 2006
    in your pants
    Have you installed Firefox to see if it works on there?
  8. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    Download Firefox. You can then download themes for it to make it almost as visually appealing as Safari.
  9. disconap macrumors 68000

Oct 29, 2005
    Portland, OR
    What he/she just said. Safari has issues with certain dynamic elements, for some reason. Firefox is the way to go (you can even make it look like Safari, in case you miss it).
  10. moneyshot thread starter macrumors member

Nov 23, 2006
    GOT IT!!!! :D

Firefox worked. ;)

THANKYOU very much!!! :)