Internet Sharing Stops on Shutdown/Restart

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by poohbear666, Jan 26, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2011
    iMac with wired broadband connection. I use airport with internet sharing to connect an ipod touch and macbook to the internet through the imac's broadband connection.

Within the last few days, whenever I shutdown/restart, the internet sharing fails. Checkbox for internet sharing is still checked - I uncheck, select airport options, dialog comes up with all the right information already there, I click OK, click on internet sharing check box, click for internet sharing to start, green light comes on and everything works fine. Until I shutdown/restart - airport starts up OK but not internet sharing.

Only thing I have consciously done recently is install Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection (which actually works very well, giving me access to a remote MS Windows server ....). Removing this does not solve the problem with internet sharing, although I guess it could have modified something or put a file somewhere which deinstalling doesn't fix (I use AppTrap to try to clear all files when removing applications).

Any ideas?

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2011
    Started Working .....

Problem has vanished - internet sharing now automatically restarts following start up ......
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2011
    Now not working .....

Problem has returned ....
  4. macrumors newbie

Feb 28, 2011
    Re: Internet Sharing Stops on Shutdown/Restart

I've been experiencing exactly the same problem for a while.

The most irritating thing is that I remember that it used to work fine, with the sharing being on after restarting. Now, despite having the internet sharing check box ticked, any connection without restarting it leads to a timeout.

And very annoying.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2012
    Internet sharing stops at shutdown/startup

I am having the same problem. Is there still no solution to this?