Internet streaming video capture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nbs2, Feb 6, 2006.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

As part of this hoopla surrounding the ads from the Super Bowl, there was one that caught my eye more than the others. The Sports Heaven ad for ESPN Mobile (the 60 second spot) was amazing. However, I have one problem with it.

I desperately want to put it on my iPod so I can burn the whole thing into my memory. But, I can't find it outside of the ESPN website. I go there, but they will only let me stream it. I was wondering if there is a way to capture that video. The biggest problem is that ESPN uses flash and javascript, The "download linked file doesn't work". The other, easier, option would be if someone has found a downloadable copy and can point me in the right direction.

2. mingisback macrumors regular

Gooogle Video Hosting Superbowl XL Commercials

http://video.google.com/superbowl.html

google video gives the option of downloading an iPod Video format.

also... The iTunes Music Store has ESPN commercials for free download in the TV Show section.

I hope this helps.

3. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

Well, it would have helped, but...The Google listings do not have the ESPN commercial and as of this morning, the new commercial was not listed in the ESPN catalog on iTunes (just the three old SC from before). I don't/can't have iTunes on my work computer, so if someone observes otherwise, post here (but I don't see that happening).

I really think I'm going to have to try the video capture...

4. mingisback macrumors regular