Internship opportunities in Mac development

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by acidity, Nov 30, 2006.

1. acidity macrumors regular

Sep 7, 2006
    Hello All

I am a first year MS student in Univ of Iowa. Before coming to US, I was the lead developer for a very popular MySQL GUI at

After coming to US, I bought a new Mac Book and have been in love with it ever since. As of now, I am looking for an intership opportunities (who dosnt want to earn money :)) and specifically, I am really interested in some Mac development job. I have also started teaching myself Cocoa and have experience in coding with wxWindows.

I would like to know how are the internship opportunities in Mac development company and what are the resources I should look for such jobs?

Any ideas?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2004
    Mountain View, CA USA
    Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit is the largest all-Mac development organisation (outside of Apple themselves, of course). We've got ~180 employees spread between Redmond, Washington, and Mountain View, California, and all 180 of us are die-hard Mac lovers. We get a pretty good group of summer interns every year, and we're always interested in more Mac lovers joining us for a summer.

If you want to learn more about what it's like to work for the MacBU, check out Mac Mojo, which is our team blog. My own blog is listed in my signature, and I've got links to all of the other MacBU bloggers there, too.

If you decide that you're interested in applying for an internship with us, submit your resumé through the Microsoft College Careers website. You should apply soon, since we usually have all of our interns selected by March.

Good luck!

Nadyne Mielke | user experience researcher
    Microsoft Corporation | Macintosh Business Unit
    go ahead, mac my day
  3. skoker macrumors 68000

Aug 6, 2005
    A lot of internships are unpaid though
  4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2004
    Mountain View, CA USA
    For software engineers of various stripes, they're usually paid internships, with the pay depending on where you are in school and the other benefits that they provide (such as an apartment or rental car for the term of the internship).
  5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    yeah thats not really true when you get to college, for business majors good internships are paid accordingly maybe 85% of entry level full time. I mean if we're talking something you find as a high school kid maybe you haven't earned a wage ... but most things worth doing should be done for either school credit or cash.