Interview at Menlo Park store Monday, HELLLLLP!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tgilders, Jul 29, 2006.

1. tgilders macrumors newbie

Ok, so I'm an admitted PC user (At least for the time being...). I know the basics on OSX as well as iTunes and iPod. I'm a very technologically savvy person and I read sites like this and Engadget all the time. I submitted an application to the store manager directly yesterday, had a little preliminary interview with him right there and was called this afternoon by his hiring manager. He wanted to set up a formal interview for as soon as possible. Does anyone think these are good signs? This is the most nervous I've been for a job interview ever! :eek:

:confused: What do I wear? What do I say? :confused:

2. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    dress nicely, anwer politly, and try not to look too nervous...

you'll be fine, don't worry.

3. tgilders thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I'm just worried because I tend to have shifty eyes. I have a severe problem with eye contact and I'm afraid it makes me look untrustworthy.

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

The eyes are something to work on and practice. Keep in mind they're probably hiring you for sales and shifty eyes might not work too well when dealing with customers.

5. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

Good luck with the interview.

Interesting to know they are hiring again. Its been a while with the same people all the time. I'f you get the gig you'll see me a few times a month. :D

Relax and have fun.

6. tgilders thread starter macrumors newbie

Heh, I mean the Menlo Park NEW JERSEY store. Is there one in Menlo Park California too?

7. tgilders thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so I'm getting a haircut and generally just trying to relax today. Still a little nervous, however.