Interview with an Apple retailer - wish me luck, please?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mitthrawnuruodo, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

In just under 2 hours I'm going on an interview with one of the two Apple retailers in Bergen.

They're hiring a support person and a sales person. I've actually applied for both (before they even announced it - I got an inside tip ;)), and would be more than happy with either job, though I feel I might be better suited for the support job. But just the thought of the possibility of working with Macs for a living makes me a little giddy. I'm already on my second cup of coffee. :)

I'm a bit nervous because I really need a job, and this would be a perfect job for me, so everyone (who cares) cross your fingers for me. Please?

Did I already mention that I really want and need this job? ;)

2. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Good luck! I hope you get it; and of course it has the added bonus that since it's not an official Apple job, you can stay part of our happy MR band.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Best of luck buddy. Fingers, toes and all other appendages are well and truly crossed. :)

You do realise that if you get the job you'll have to give yourself a title. Something like Mitthrawnuruodo the Reseller would be nice and menacing.

Okay, it needs work. :eek:

Oh, and mad jew tip of the day: remember to smile. :)

5. Mitthrawnuruodo thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Thanks folks! :)

All dressed up (not overdressed, but still) and ready to go (or rather drive, it's a brisk 30 minute walk, perfect if I get it, but a bit too much when I want to appear sharp for the interview ;)).

I'll post back when I'm home...

6. iGav macrumors G3

You should've got the Apple logo tattooed on your forehead, a job offer would be a cert then. ;)

Good luck fella... ;)

7. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Either that, or free entrance into an institute for losers.

8. Mitthrawnuruodo thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Well, the interview is over and I think it went OK, i think. I'm always a bit ambivalent after interviews, but we had a few laughs and I think I said most of the things I wanted to say, although a bit incoherent at times :)o), but then I always feel that. ;)

I was (mainly) interviewed for the support position, and I must say I'm not exactly less interested in it now. It sounded very much like a dream job for me.

<crossing fingers>Hopefully I made a good enough impression to be considered for a second interview in about a week.</crossing fingers>

Well, I am a Mac fan, but not quite that diehard... the old rainbow logo pin on my jacket is more than enough... ;)

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Glad to hear it went well. Best of luck for the next interview (you'll get it, no worries). Keep us posted. :)

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Sounds good. Will keep fingers crossed for you

11. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Good luck with it.. I wish you the best.. Of course if you start working for apple will you still be allowed to post on the macrumors site?

12. Zaid macrumors 6502

Best of luck with getting the next interview. Let us know what happens

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Is Mitthrawnuruodo a new avenue for great employee discounts for our MR members from Norway? :D

14. Mitthrawnuruodo thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Thanks again, folks! :)

As Applespider pointed out early in the thread, I wouldn't work directly for Apple, and thus not be covered by Apple's strict policy about rumor sites. :)

And, I would be very surprised if they required me to stop participating here - a great source of Mac related news, tips and tricks - if I get the job there mainly as a Mac supporter.

15. Mitthrawnuruodo thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Let's see it I get the job first, then we can start discussing discounts... :D

16. juicedus macrumors member

Hopefully you get the job. I have an interview with a Mac Support company today as well. I really REALLY need this job so hopefully I get it.

17. Mitthrawnuruodo thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Well, as long as it wasn't for the same job as me (;)), best of lucks to you... :)

18. juicedus macrumors member

Thanks......and this job is in the Chicagoland area so I don't think you need to worry.

19. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Yes, we should do that :D

Good luck to the both of you :)

20. juicedus macrumors member

Well, I think the interview went well. They showed me around the place and told me i should receive a call next week to set up a second interview with the owners.

21. juicedus macrumors member

So I got a call back today from the company. They want me to come in tomorrow and do a handwriting analysis on me. Has anyone else ever heard of this or done one themselves? I just want to know what to expect.

22. Mitthrawnuruodo thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Congratulations and good luck with the test. Haven't done any handwriting analysis, but had a complete psychic profile done for another job. That came out pretty accurate.

Haven't heard back from my interview, yet, but still hoping for the best... :)

23. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Sorry I'm a bit late to chime in, but best of luck Mitthrawnuruodo.

24. juicedus macrumors member

Good luck to you Mitthrawnuruodo, I hope you hear something soon. I'm off to get my analysis done. I'll let you know what it was like when I return.

25. Skareb macrumors member

Assuming you got the Job, and were under he Iron curtain, you could then only post about new products as much as you know now. Thus Very little on the "New Product front" however they''d have a hard case to prove if you were posting in the "community Discussion" Forum abd the like.

Jordan