Interview with Apple Retail...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by monaarts, Aug 13, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

Hey everyone,
    So I have applied for jobs at a local Apple retail store several times now and finally decided to go ahead and call them up. I called up about a month ago and the associate gave me the name of the hiring manager but he wasn't in. I tried calling once a week without success but today I finally got hold of him.

I explained that I had applied for the Apple Expert position and that I would love to work at Apple and asked what I need to do next to make that happen. Basically, he went ahead and set up an interview time for next week.

I am super excited but I have a few questions…
    What should I wear? It's Apple so I don't think suit is appropriate but I might be wrong.

Is there anything I should know going into the interview? Anything they might ask me, anything I should ask, etc.

What is the average pay for an Apple Expert? I have found a few articles but they all seem to date back to like 2006. LOL

Thank you for all of your help, I'm so excited! I just want to make sure I go in there and nail this interview so I can land the job! Thanks!

- Joe

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

Button down shirt and tie with slacks to match, at least.

http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-answer-23-of-the-most-common-interview-questions

It's a retail job, so it's a retail salary. Depends on where you live. You probably shouldn't ask about this in the interview.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Regarding the pay… I think you may be wrong. I would think most retail employees make slightly above minimum wage. I am in retail now and make over $13/hr. I just want a shift into the tech world, where I actually want my career to be. I have found articles from 2006 saying that pay in an Apple store is like $10/hr. That was 4 years ago.

4. macrumors Core

miles01110

I did not say retail employees made minimum wage, I said they make a retail wage. A retail job is in retail, not in tech. You won't be doing anything tech-related aside from selling technology products.

5. macrumors 68020

Xavier

My friend worked there. Yeah, its pretty much based off of how many computers you can sell. There is little to no "tech" related stuff.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

I should have been more specific about the future career I want… I am in college right now, going for a BA in Professional Sales. I want to SELL computers. B2B though. So I figured this will look better on my resume then a clothing store when I apply for a sales position with a company like Apple, Microsoft, NCR, etc.

miles: sorry - I didn't understand what you meant by the pay thing. Now I get what you mean. And thanks for answering the other questions. ;-)

- Joe

7. macrumors 68020

Xavier

Well, then this would be a good resume builder for sure! Good luck

8. thread starter macrumors 65816

Does anyone know for sure about the Apple Expert salary? I can't really find ANYTHING on this position! :-(
    Thank you!!!

- Joe

9. macrumors member

I-Bot

I don't know anything about the salary but I must say, you are pretty lucky to get straight to the second interview, I did what you did and was invited to a hiring seminar a.k.a one out of three interviews with the seminar being a group interview but you are quite lucky to be able to get straight to the second interview.

10. macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I have an interview with the DM this week. What should I expect in salary range?