Into The West Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by ecblues, Jul 17, 2005.

1. ecblues macrumors newbie

Mar 26, 2005
    I recently caught some episodes for this series on TNT. I find the whole series by itself pretty long to sit through, but I do enjoy individual moments.

I do have to say Matthew Settle kicked major rear end in this series. I found the scene when his character reclaims/reseeks his wife tremendously emphatic. Glad Jacob finally made it through ok, though Jethro ended up a heel out of nowhere.

I guess I like it enough, but I'm not endeared to the series as a whole.
    This series is really really rough on their protagonists. How many more Wheelers are going to bite the prairie dust?
  2. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    i like deadwood way better than into the west... it just seemed more gritty... into the west was like a "play-it-safe-family-version" of deadwood...
  3. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2003
    Long Beach, California
    I really like the series. I haven't seen Deadwood at all, so I can't really compare the two, but I know that Into the West isn't particularly clean. The story is very sad, and it just makes me hate what the white men did back then even more.

The story is very intriguing, and it makes me wonder how close it is to history. I can only imagine what the indians went through for what little they were "allowed" to have.