Introducing: the Sony Pii

Discussion in 'Games' started by jdechko, May 12, 2006.

1. jdechko macrumors 68040

2. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Haha that's amusing, and it's pretty true about how Nintendo executed the name. They could have picked a name ten times better, like Revolution, but NO. They chose Wii. Publicity.

3. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah, I understand the reasons for Wii (we've been over them 20 times on these boards). But I think its funny how big this E3 has been for Nintendo; overshadowing MS and Sony.

4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Well thats probably because Nintendo has a brand new system whereas MS and Sony have the same old system with "better graphics."

I hear its called innovation.

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ya, they've stolen the spotlight this week. What's going to be the biggest question, and a big factor in the success of the system, is if they can keep it up through the launch. There are some killer games coming out for the 360 in the next 3-6 months, and if Nintendo can't keep a constant stream of trailers, game announcements, etc going up through 4Q they will have to combat a LOT of other products releasing around the same timeframe. The PS3 obviously. The 360 HDDVD drive coupled with a potential price drop. Good thing for Ninty that Halo 3 is pushed back to '07, or they might have had some real trouble.

MS 360 + HDDVD + Halo 3 + price drop = very very hard choices to make for a lot of people.

6. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

E3 has made choices rather easy for me. PS3 price tag + No 360 games that I personally am excited about + a spotlight stealing new Nintendo platform with a number of good franchise titles and great price tag.

Nintendo looks to have won this Wii-ing contest.