Introductory Movie on First Boot ????

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BigD84772, Dec 20, 2006.

1. BigD84772 macrumors newbie

Dec 20, 2006
    Please forgive me if this question has already been answered.

I just bought a 20" iMac for my dad for Christmas. Of course I couldn't help but open the box when it came in the mail yesterday to gawk at its beauty. The problem here is that I want to fire up the machine to do some tweaking and install some widgets and other apps, but I would like for my dad to get to see the "movie" that plays when you boot up tiger for the first time. This will be his first Mac, he is very excited, and I don't want to blow that experience for him (lame as that may sound). Is there a way, or a script that I can run, to tell the machine to run that movie again on the next boot up, as if it was the first boot? I've searched all around the forum here and the only thing that I could find is the location of the movie on the hard drive. Also, the movie itself and the audio that goes with it are two seperate files. Thanks for the consideration.
  2. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    hmm... would you want him to have the full blown thing where he gets to register again and all that? if that's the case you MIGHT have to reinstall the system as far as i knew...

if you just want to show the movie upon him logging in his account, but he doesn't get to make up his account name and stuff, well, just play the files for him
  3. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Jan 22, 2006
    Clearwater, FL

Reinstall the OS, let him have the whole experience.

Than show him how easy it is to shove in a flash drive and install widgets ten minuets after it is out of the box.