Invalid Halo CD-Key

Discussion in 'Games' started by DonkeyTron, Feb 1, 2006.

1. DonkeyTron macrumors member

I have been playing halo for a couple of months and then suddenly as i try to play the internet version of multiplayer, an error comes up saying "Invalid CD-Key"

What am I to do?

To the message below or above me not the original cd-key is valid everything works except the online multiplayer.

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Only thing I can think of would be the key you entered maybe was not correct. Maybe there was an 0 instead of a O or something like that. Maybe the program doesn't really check the keys until you get online? Just a thought.

3. Cfg5 macrumors regular

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Or that someone happened to pirate your serial number (directly, or by coincedence)

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Starfleet Command III would have a similar error when your game crashed or you quit while playing on a server- it would think you were still online, and thus think that when you connected you were a different person using the same CD key and prevent you from logging on.

But SFC3's dynaverse had dedicated servers, Halo uses various player-hosted servers that are always going up and down, so I doubt it's the same situation.

6. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Have you made sure you are using the most recently updated version of Halo? I haven't played for a while, so I'm not sure what version they are on, but check the Apple/MacSoft websites to see if you do need an update.

7. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Maybe someone stole the CD-key off of the packaging before you bought it. I know that some software pirates do such a thing..

8. mac.head.high macrumors regular

mac.head.high

Make sure you have the newest version 1.5.2 or else you wont be aloud online. It's a graphics and security update, is my memory serves me. The one super weak thing, is that as soon as you upgrade, you'll have to put in the Halo Disc every-time you want to play.

But you may already know all this. I just thought it could help if I pointed it out.