Inventions

Discussion in 'Community' started by dynamicd, Sep 8, 2003.

1. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Whats up everyone, I'm in the process of looking into getting an idea patented for an invention of mine. I was wondering if anyone here knows of the time it usually takes to get a patent and the amount of money involved. Also, if theres any things out there i'm not thinking of. Thanks

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Check out http://www.uspto.gov

There is a filing fee involved. Make sure you do a search first to make sure there is no other patent on it. The whole process can take anywhere from a few months to 2 years depending on how efficient the government paper-pushers are with your filing.

Good luck :)

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah and those are hard to get through unless your idea is like Uber-Unique.

I had a friend get his declined 2 times for similar (like saying you pattent the hard drive and now no one can patten floppys) thing.

Gah!

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Government? Being efficient? Dude...lay off the weed!

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

cool i can help you out, all you need to do is send me a protype model , a blueprint and basically everything you know about it and ill patent it right away. :D

iJon

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

"you know einstein was a patent clerk for a while..... imagination sequence...

smith- "hello i'd like to patent Smith's theory of relativity"
    einstein-"certainly" takes papers and slam smiths head with the sliding window" ~ The Family Guy
    I can patent the product faster than ijon...but i'll also requrie power of attorney

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Haha!

I will require not only that but your social security Number and your bank accounts!

:p

Pattens aren't good unless there is more then 2 products on the market.

8. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

what? i thought this would be a thread about cool inventions? what gives with the thread title? :confused:

oh well, i'll post some good inventions anyway... the main one i was thinking of, an all Australian invention... the Hills Hoist!! marvelous! :D