Inverted colors oh my!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Omad0n, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Omad0n macrumors regular

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here might know what's up. My computer has apparently decided to go ahead and invert all my colors!!! The odd thing is at startup though it isn't doing this. It happens as the finder opens. deffinetly very odd and annoying. I suppose it's cool at first, but it is kinda worrisome. The only thing I can think is taht recently I Dl'd the latest firmware update and then installed it. Now this is happening. So I suppose I'm running a G4MDD with latest firmware, 867 model. And the latest OS X version. Any thoughts out there?

2. Bradcoe macrumors regular

Brand new computer...

You're computer is virtually brand new. Call 800-APL-CARE. They fix anything and everything from my past experience as long as you're under the 1 year standard or 3 year A.P.P. warranty

3. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice, I'll give them a call tomorrow about it.

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

You didn't accidentally enable white on black ot black on white display in the Univeral Access in System Prefs, did you?

Since it doesn't do it until Finder launches, it's an issue with your personal settings, not the machine in general, as far as I can tell.

5. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

Well now I'm really stumped. I decided to take a look at the settings, and no the white and black mode wasn't on. So i turned it on, then off. And upon turning it off my colors returned to normal. Not sure what'll happen after i restart, but I'll have to figure that out in the morning. Cause it's really late and I'm exhausted. if it does fix the prob. though I'll post again.

6. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

well interestingly enough after just having the black and white thing turned on and off, my computer seems to be fine now.