Invisible ADIUM Login Thingy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jason2811, Aug 1, 2006.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Why is it that when I am signed offline there is an invisible (not really invisible but very very very transparent) Adium thingy (I don't know what it is) where my contact list used to be? I constantly click it by accident and I want to know if there is a way to have it go away when I am not signed online? Thanks.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Any chance we can get a screenshot of what you are talking about? Cause I don't know what you are talking about.

3. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

I found this to occur when you have the window style set to "windowless boarder". I'm not sure why this is, I can't think of a compelling reason or purpose for this implementation. I actually prefer that style but I set it to "group bubbles" because of the issue you describe.

screenshot for GimmeSlack12:
    Picture 2.png

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When you have a window with a normal top bar (not a borderless one), the contact list persists as a window whether or not you are online -- it's just empty, obviously, if you are all offline. That's a general principle in Adium's implementation of the contact list, and I guess it basically just carries over to the borderless version and leaves this behind. So it *is* your contact list -- which is empty. I think you should be able to click on it and move it around and so forth, just like you can with your non-empty contact list....

I guess it's a minor nuisance. But heh, if I were the Adium guys, I wouldn't put it on the top of my priority list. :p

If you want, go over to their board and submit a ticket about it.

5. jason2811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah that is exactly what I'm talking about. It annoys me so so so so much beause I accidentaly click on it all the time because it's pretty much invisible. Does this happen top anyone else? Anyoen know how to get rid of it?!? Thanks.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

How much time do you spend with Adium running but logged out? Why not just quit Adium and start it when you want to use IM? I know it's not an actual solution to your issue, but when you're logged out of all of your accounts, Adium's not doing much for you....

7. jason2811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't kinow why I don't quit Adium. I just like having it open for whatever reason. Oh well, no solution I guess.

8. mashinhead macrumors 68020

i get it. thats your buddy list, but because you're not logged on it doesn't list everyone. It just has that. If you want to have it open but not logged on you should probably select in the adium prefs. that you want to hide your buddy list. that shoud do it. i think