Invisible Shield - AWESOME!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by AndyR, Aug 18, 2006.

1. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Just thought I'd post to say that the Invisible Shield (www.shieldzone.com) for the iPod is AWESOME!

I have used a Evo iSkin on my 30Gb iPod Video since getting it in January but even with that I got a few scratches on the back. I decided the other day after seeing a post that I'd ditch the skin and get an Invisible Shield instead as I love the look of the iPod and keeping it in a skin doesn't do it justice.

The Invisible Shield isn't tooooo hard to apply, took me about 20mins all in, just wish they gave you more spray, and then I left it for 24hrs to set. The test was yesterday when I had to go to London for the day so my iPod spent the day with its new sheild on in my pocket with my keys etc while I was tube hopping all day.

NO SCRATCHS! Nothing, its brill! It looks awesome and is so thin you don't notice it. Works great with my dock and iTrip as well. I even tried rubbing my keys along the back like in the advert and again perfect.

Well worth the investement if you ask me. I have one on order for my PSP now. :D

2. j3tang macrumors regular

the same thing can be had for less money from www.bestskinsever.com

their lineup of stuff is significantly less than shieldzone, but whatever BSE does have, is MUCH cheaper. Same material, not the cheap stuff.

3. wako macrumors 65816

ahh.. thats good to hear, especially since I ordered it for my phone last week...

However, how long did it take for you to get yours? did you use free shipping? its been a whole week for me and I still see nothing in my mailbox... dammit

4. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I have to agree, the shield is amazing.

EDIT: Absolutely Positively Amazingly Amazing!

5. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Hey this sounds interesting. Are you sure this is the same stuff and not just a knockoff??

Also is it better to have a three piece front or the one piece. I'm getting my nano in next week and I would like to put this on...

Nuc

6. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yes...please let us know!
    If it is the same material, I would definitely want one for my nano...it is scaring the crap out of me when I run with it in the nike armband. Getting those dang hairline scratches.

7. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Took the full 14 days for me but thats because I ordered form the US site to get it shipped to the UK with free shipping as it was cheaper than buying over here in the UK. Go figure!

Wasn't in a rush though so didn't mind. Ordered a PSP one the other day from a UK store but they are saying out of stock for 2 weeks :(

8. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Well, I will soon find out...I just ordered one for my nano from bestskinsever.com

I'll be sure to post a review!

9. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Twenty bucks for two thin pieces of adhesive clear plastic? The world has gone mad.

In other news, I sold my 2 year old Epson inkjet printer for $25. :cool:

10. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Remember that TIS has a lifetime replacement ($3s/h). My coworker scratched (fingernail) his and just got his replacement. I have some wear from using the Belkins Tunebase FM, and i'll probably request a replacement at some point.

11. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Here is the response I got from bestskinever:

"Most of us around here seem to prefer the 1 piece Skin for the Nano. It does tend to reduce the tactile feedback or "click" of the buttons though. This is not the case with the 3 piece Skin though. The scrolling sensitivity on the iPod is not reduced at all with either Skin."

I think I might go with the one piece since I could care less about the click feedback..

Nuc

12. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I went with the three piece...since my IS is three piece and I like it alot.

13. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

I just bought one of each. I will see which one I like and then put it on... Hopefully I'll get it before I get my nano...

Nuc

14. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

One of each...that's crazy. I guess you can just sell the other her on the marketplace if you wanted.

15. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Well I figured if I get the new MBP if it comes out Sept. 5th then I'll get the free 2Gb nano that way when I go to sell it I can add a little something extra ;). Plus it really only cost 4.99 extra since the shipping is $2 for 1 cover and $1 for 2 covers. So I said what the he**.

Nuc

16. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah good thinking...I probably would have done the same thing if I were in your position.

17. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Does the profanity filter really mind you saying "heck"? ;)

I've kept my nano in my pocket with an invisible shield for a few months now and one or two of the corners are coming off the nano and won't stick down again. Do you think it's elligible for a replacement?

18. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Well I got my nano in today and put on the bestskinsever 3 piece. It looks great now that it is on but what a pain putting it on... The worst was putting it on the back since the flaps that cover the sides had to be done last (I tried do it all at the same time...don't do this...and I didn't read this in the directions until afterwards :)). Also when I went to put the piece in the water I got it stuck on the bowl. It's really sticky so watch out.

Overall it was worth it and it looks great and is much cheaper (cost wise not quality wise) than invisible shield.

Nuc

19. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

I have a Bestskinsever skin for both my nano and video. I couldn't be happier. The only good thing about the InvisibleShield is that it includes free replacements for live (plus shipping).

On the other hand, you can buy 2-3 Bestskinsever for the price of one InvisibleShield.

20. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Dude seems **** awesome. Dude ****ing ay!

Heck yeah.

21. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yup...I put my 3 piece best shield on my nano today and it worked great!

I have the Invisible shield on my 5G and it seems to be the same exact stuff! I guess the higher cost is due to the better packaging of the IS and the fact that it comes with a squeege and minature spray bottle.

...I ended up using the IS squeege with my best shield for my nano.

22. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

23. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

You would have to check their site, but I think I remember reading something about international shipping when ordering mine.