Invisible Shield For 5G

Discussion in 'iPod' started by davefan6435, Oct 24, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Just to let everyone know I finally got my Invisble Shield with my black 30 gig video ipod today. Its a real pain to put on but its definitly worth it and it looks very good on the back so far. I still need to put the front but other than that its going great. I just followed the instructions on this site http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2005/GearNGadgets/September2005/RDMGG_InvisibleShieldFirstLook.htm There really good. If anyone has any questions about this product I'd be more than happy to help you out.

2. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

This thing looks amazing.. i can't wait to get mine on!

3. macrumors 6502

That is good to hear! When did you order yours and from where? I ordered mine last week. However, I still need to check my mail today (still in class!)

Thanks!

4. macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Hey there,

How long did it take to ship yours out? I ordered mine last Friday and I havent gotten an email and on the website it doesnt say it shipped at all :(

The worst problem is that I have my iPod, but don't want to take it out and use it at all ( and I won't until my invisibleshield gets in :( )

Thanks!

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered mine on October 18. Everytime I checked the status page at invisibleshield.com it would say in progress. Don't expect to get a shipping number or any notice about it shipping. At least I didn't. I was very suprised when it showed up in the mail today. It will more than likely be in a regular envelope. Hopefully that answers most of your questions.

6. macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I just ordered one. I think I will only put it on the front. I dont' think I will put it on the click wheel either, I feel like air will get trapped every time the click wheel moves! I chose the priority mail, hopefully it really does come in 2-3 days! Then I can FINALLY use my iPod

7. macrumors 6502a

Is this thing really worth it? I actually kind of like the case Apple provides, so I don't know how I can justify $25. Although, the screen does scratch extremely easily.

Would this give full protection to the iPod if it were in your pocket with the earbuds? I find that hard to beleive that it could protect the iPod from the earbud headphones in the same pocket.

8. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Yeah, it'll protect your iPod. Check this out....

http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=8

...all I can say is STOP...PLEASE!

9. macrumors 6502a

keep in your pocket with earbuds and razor blades and it wont scratch. I can't wait to get mine

10. macrumors G3

puckhead193

anyone have it, i want to know how easy/hard it is to apply and to remove. I read the review on rainy day, but i wanted someone else's opinion.
    does anyone know of a store that carries it.

11. macrumors 6502a

Wow, I don't think I've been sold that fast on anything before. This thing protects like a case, but still shows off the iPod. Wow.

I just placed my order and got free shipping. How long will it take to ship? How can I track my order?

12. macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Heh, same with me John... I was sold on the product within 2 mins of seeing it too... it is simply amazing

13. macrumors 601

mjstew33

Looks awesome. If I get a nano, I'm so getting this :D

14. iDM
    macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Well it sounds like all of you love your invisibleshied but i was wondering if anyone has received one of the much cheaper and equally invisible martin fields cover and if it is comparable in quality to the invisible shield. I know this thing is bomb/gamma ray run proof but 24.95 seems so much if i can get the martin shields case for 10 bucks. Ideas?

15. macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Can somebody that has it post some pictures of it on? I have some webspace if thats a problem, but I'd just love to see some pictures of it on the front and back :)

The marin shields case seems like its nice as well, and gives it a glossy finish, but I'm not totally sure how well/durable it is. Also I think it only covers the front of the iPod as opposed to the entire thing with invisibleshield. I think i'll steer my friend to the martin fields cover though to see it first hand.

16. thread starter macrumors regular

i'd be happy to post some pics if i can get a hold of one of my friends digital cameras. Ill see what I can do.

17. macrumors member

I got mine today too, along with my 30gb black ipod. Woot.

I agree, might have to be careful putting it on, but its worth it. I did it about an hour ago on the front and back, and I like how it looks.

I had an iSkin with the iPod, and I agree with the people that wonder why we buy iPods for their size, only to add iTrips and iSkins. Good point, but I'm guilty. Can't really avoid the iTrip, but I'm pretty sick of my iSkin.

So I like that it protects the iPod, and doesn't add bulk. We'll see how it fares after drying and taking the ultimate test... the pocket. :D

18. macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know how to check if it has shipped or not on their site?

I ordered mine 2 days ago... when do you think I should expect it?

19. macrumors newbie

Invisible Shield

I was sold quickly too. I just bought a white 5g and my husband got the black 5g. I am wondering how well it will fit in the JBL OnStage with the shield on. I popped in the 10/15/20GB bracket and the 5G fits perfectly but is snug on front corners. I'm wondering if the Invisible Shield will get worn on those front corners from placing/removing from the OnStage. I guess we'll see.

20. macrumors 6502a

quackattack

I think that I will have to order one of these, seems really cool. Of course, I will need to get the iPod first!

The only problem I see is that it could be painful to not be able to use my new iPod for couple days after I put on the shield!

I would like to hear more reviews/impressions. Keep em coming!

21. thread starter macrumors regular

I would like to point out that it is definitly a good idea to wait. Being as impatient as I am I let it set for about an hour and then I plugged in my ipod to charge and it was frozen so I had to let the battery run down. Then when I got it back on again I synched it with itunes and then it froze up again. But not to worry it works just fine now.

22. macrumors 6502

My impression was that you can use the iPod immediately after the shield dries.

23. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

...Which, they say, takes 24 hours. Mine looks like it's dry, but i'm gonna be careful just in case. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

24. macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Damn.. got mine today and applied it in about a half hour.... I don't think I aligned it straight, and I think I may have misaligned it a little bit... I tried a couple times but I just can't get it perfect... so I settled for as good as I got. After putting it on and having it on for 5 mins or so... does anybody else hope that it will look a lot better when it dries?

Eeeek i'm getting so frightened that it'll look terrible... but I guess I'd rather have it like that than allll scratchy :-D

25. macrumors member

I put mine on my white 30GB. It looks fantastic, you acnt even see it unless you loos at the corner seems. It was a little hard to put on, especially the little tabs. All in all, it seems perfect.
    If anybody has tried the cheaper one, i would be curious with your results.

Oh, I called in my order, and paid for overnight shipping ($14), but I got it less than 18 hours later.