invisible shield on phone, feels horrible; go naked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjn419, Jun 24, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 4, 2010
    what are you guys doing? not having screen protection seems risks but this thing sucks
  2. macrumors 6502a

Aug 26, 2009
    Going without a case for the time being. I'm thinking of a black bumper but we'll see what happens.. I'll probably wait for the first scratch before investing in a case.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2008
    I would try a hard plastic protector like Power Support, they feel more like the glass than the rubbery types.
  4. macrumors 65816

Apr 11, 2007
    I'm going naked, as I always have. There might be a few minor scratches on the back eventually, but my screens are always flawless, even after 2 years of use.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Going naked until my SGP crystal ex gets here... just shipped today.
  6. macrumors 603

Apr 11, 2005
    One mile up and soaring
    Never put a skin on the screen. If you feel you must go film, i.e. powersupport. Skins are best for the sides/back if you feel it necessary.

Got me a bumper this morning. That's all I'll be using.
  7. macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2010
    Funnily enough i've JUST installed my Zagg invisible shield (the full body version) and i think its amazing. Having said that I do agree, it doesn't feel as nice the naked screen but then that is worth it to prevent a scratch. It was difficult to install or should i say it takes a while but i have no bubbles or dust underneath.
  8. macrumors 6502

May 28, 2008
    New York, NY
    I always had a screen protector on mine. It totally saved me at one point when I accidentally banged the screen on a concrete pylon.
  9. macrumors newbie

Apr 19, 2010
    ugh! i just installed zagg invisible shield and it feels and looks horrible. It has a weird filmy look to it. I had this static cling type protector on my old iphone and it was so much better. I have to find the packaging as I don't remember the brand/company.

I still want the screen protector but definitely not this one from zagg.

Is there a way to return this for full refund at bestbuy? I'm so disappointed. :mad:
  10. macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I have the InvisibleShield on my new phone, and it looks and feels wonderful to me. Of course, I used my wife's new phone as the test run, and ended up with more bubbles and lint stuck to the film than I'd hoped. By the time I got to mine, I had the routine down cold.
  11. macrumors 65816

Aug 3, 2007
    I saw a dude with some film over his iphone. It looks and feels terrible! Why would you ruin this thing with that 30 cents nonsense.

Enjoy your phone people. It's gonna get scratched who cares, in 12 months you'll have a new one :)
  12. macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2010
    Do any of the stores have any cases left on the shelves?

I was going to go commando but i'm afraid of dropping this thing.
  13. macrumors 65816

Jul 17, 2007
    I always hated the Invisible Shields, pre-order a Power Support (they will be out in 2 to 3 weeks) They feel the closest to nothing.
  14. macrumors 6502a

Oct 11, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Let it sit for 24 hours; it will look much better once the adhesive settles. It won't disappear.. but it will lessen.
  15. macrumors regular

Apr 1, 2010
    iHad it installed only on the back. Still looking for a solution for the front.
  16. macrumors 65816

May 25, 2006
    Naked right now, but a bumper is on its way. I usually start out with a case for a few months then end up going without.
  17. macrumors regular

Sep 5, 2007
    I want to Best Buy today, had them apply the front and back invisibleShield.

My Bumper showed up from FedEx today too.

That is my solution for now: Bumper +invisibleShields.

When the Otterbox Defender is released, I'll re-evaluate.
  18. macrumors 6502

Jun 11, 2010
    Man, you Zagg owners should have done your research.

Wrapsol, Power Support and Best Skins ever FTW!!!
  19. macrumors 68020

Oct 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Waiting on my bumper and my Wrapsol within the next few days. I would NEVER put Invisible Shield on anything. I'm not into the orange peel effect...

Also pre-ordering the Power Support Crystal film because I've had great experience with it on my 1st gen and my 3G. Ordering it...just in case...

Right now, I have a cheap 5 buck bumper I bought from Meritline a few weeks ago. Fits perfectly...rubberized...made for iPhone 4...
  20. macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2008
    Got my bumper from fedex today and a Clear Coat shield installed at the mall this evening. I'm disappointed with the Clear Coat (it's just like the Zagg). It feels tacky and rubbery, when I swipe my finger sticks a little. I plan on getting a powersupport film. Do you think the antiglare will dustirt the retina display? I used a PS antiglare on my 3GS and I loved it. I might be going with crystal so it feels more like glass though. I just really wish I could get a refund on this clear coat. Maybe it will feel better after 24 hours?
  21. macrumors newbie

Apr 19, 2010
    it did lessen. looks a little better, but I personally hate the orange peel look.

Hoping that Bestbuy will take this back used. :confused: