Invisible Shield or other protective shields

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Danziggy, Jun 30, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Does anyone know whether the touchscreen on the iPhone works well if you put a scratch resistant shield on it? I'm a huge fan of the Invisible Shield (have it on all my iPod and Cells) but am concerned about whether this would affect fucntionality of the touch screen. I know these shields are available for sale, but was curious as to whether anyone has experience with this, or maybe asked the question at the Apple Store when purchasing

2. macrumors member

i nyself dont have one for my iphone but my friend does and the touch screen seems to work fine :)

3. macrumors 68000

nospleen

It works fine. My invisible shield has yet to arrive. However, I bought a screen protector at the Apple Store and it works great!

4. macrumors regular

i bought a screen protection film from the apple store
    the company is called power support

It's actually WAY WAY WAAAAAY better than invisible shield.

Just how better?
    Oh nothing much except you don't have to worry about those tiny bubbles and all the water you have to apply and the squeeze things.

Seriously, this thing applies itself. You align the top and slowly let it do its work from top to bottom.

Another important thing is that invisible shield leaves a mark and you can tell you put something

This one is really hard to tell if you don't look at the edges.
    It's as if nothing is there.

I'm seriously recommending this product for everybody.

5. macrumors 65816

drew0020

Are there any air bubbles with the screen using this screen? My local Apple store does not have it in stock...

6. macrumors G3

For the Powersupport screen? Absolutely none. It's a stiffer plastic and just kind of glides on instead of having to be actively rubbed on. It's held on not using adhesive, so there's no goop left on when you take it off. I love it.

7. macrumors 65816

drew0020

Where did you buy it? I would rather not order it online.

8. macrumors G3

Heh.. I got mine at the Apple Store. :)

9. macrumors 65816

drew0020

They are sold out at mine and I dont see it listed on Apple.com You are lucky. By the time I get mine I will probably get a scratch on my screen :(

10. macrumors member

i'm not worried if it will function but will it be as smooth to glide your finger... i have it for my psp and cell phone but i tried flicking my finger on it and its kinda hard... not as smooth as the original plasic protection on the phone

11. macrumors newbie

12. macrumors newbie

I'm a big fan of www.bestskinsever.com. They just released their full coverage iPhone skin and it's on sale thru the 5th for 5.99. It takes a bit of finesse to put them on but the end results are amazing.

13. macrumors member

I've been debating the invisible shield, I've been reading about a "rainbow" effect on the film when viewed at an angle. I'm curious to see how it works for you.

14. macrumors newbie

15. macrumors newbie

Crystal Film Inquiry

Would anyone with a powersupport crystal film kindly take a pic or two of it? My iPhone should arrive friday and I'm very on the fence about my protection choices.

16. macrumors member

Don't have my camera with me right now, but I can tell you that this protector is great. I am normally a huge advocate of shieldzone invisible shields, but this product is so much easier to apply, due to the static cling. If you mess up, all you have to do is attach a small strip of scotch tape to the film and lift it up so you can reposition it. Invisible shields have a sort of textured feel to them, while these power support films mimic the iPhone's screen in terms of smoothness and clarity. Another plus is that 2 films are included in the package.

17. macrumors regular

Just called the store in Schaumburg, IL and them place one on hold me. Going tomorrow to get it before have to take it to a large party.

18. macrumors member

The one from the Apple store is AWESOME....applies super easily and if you make a mistake, it comes up super easy

A definite reference

19. macrumors 6502

Anyone getting the Invisible Shield for iPhone?

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APLIPHONE.html

If anyone is getting it or already has it--do you have any impressions of it? Just wondering how multi-touch worked. I love my IS for my iPod and was thinking about getting it for iPhone.

20. macrumors member

I'll probably buy it and put it on the back, but leave it off the screen. I'm not a huge fan of how the clickwheel works with my IS, it's slow and less responsive, I know they say it works fine but I'll sacrifice a couple scratches for a beautiful glass feel.

21. macrumors regular

fenixx

Does the Powersupport shield have a back cover?

I'm more worried about scuffing up the back of the device.

22. macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Just got the invisishield installed. Is nice and does not affect the clarity of the phone at all. Plus now my entire phone is protected from scratches.

23. macrumors member

post a picture of your iPhone with invisible shield on please? :D

24. macrumors regular

I love the invisible shield products, however, they are quite "tacky," meaning they aren't as smooth as glass. I ordered one for the iPhone, but after reading this thread i might pick up the one from the Apple Store, how much was that one?

25. macrumors 68030

CD3660