Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xiaoyu04

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2006
Merced, CA
the invisible shields are tacky sure- but I am worried more about scratching the phone's metal parts rather than the screen itself...

rapps

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2004
I just got my invisible shield in the mail last night and installed it today. Looks and feels pretty darn good. Took a little bit of effort to install it properly, but all in all it wasn't too bad. Be careful with the flaps and make sure hair, lint, fingerprints are off of it. There has been no interference with the touch screen and it covers all but the chrome edges.

itsallinurhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2007
Southern California
I just got my invisible shield in the mail last night and installed it today. Looks and feels pretty darn good. Took a little bit of effort to install it properly, but all in all it wasn't too bad. Be careful with the flaps and make sure hair, lint, fingerprints are off of it. There has been no interference with the touch screen and it covers all but the chrome edges.

Got mine installed by the shieldzone people. I must say, I am impressed. No bubbles and the surface does not impede the beautiful screen what-so-ever. Furthermore, fingerprints wipe off ever so easily.

Julian0714

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2006
Pics of PowerSupport Crystal Film

Would anyone with a powersupport crystal film kindly take a pic or two of it? My iPhone should arrive friday and I'm very on the fence about my protection choices.

Here ya go, sorry it took a while, but I love the PowerSupport Film, it works great, and is easy to buy at the Apple Store and really easy to apply, you just line it up and place it on a clean screen and you're done.

http://home.triad.rr.com/julian0714/iPhone/Photos.html

0s and 1s

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2004
OK, USA
Got mine installed by the shieldzone people. I must say, I am impressed. No bubbles and the surface does not impede the beautiful screen what-so-ever. Furthermore, fingerprints wipe off ever so easily.

I noticed you're in SC. Which store provided installation, and how long did it take? What was the total cost, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks!

ollie3856

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
Here ya go, sorry it took a while, but I love the PowerSupport Film, it works great, and is easy to buy at the Apple Store and really easy to apply, you just line it up and place it on a clean screen and you're done.

http://home.triad.rr.com/julian0714/iPhone/Photos.html
My powersupport film arrived from the apple online store today and I agree, it was a breeze to install (compared to numerous other devices I've used screen protectors for, which have always required a freakin clean room and surgical precision

whawhat

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
My powersupport film arrived from the apple online store today and I agree, it was a breeze to install (compared to numerous other devices I've used screen protectors for, which have always required a freakin clean room and surgical precision

i just got my powersupport film (after hearing so much positive feedback on this post) and i have to say i am really disappointed with the product. mine arrived already with marks and scratches......gonna try and get a refund

jbellanca

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007

I just installed the Invisible Shield on my iphone last week and it's awesome. I've used them on all my other electronics for a long time and NEVER get any scratches. Totally the best screen protection available. Like any clear protection, they only protect from scratches and dings, though, not from being dropped. If you're worried about that, I think Speck makes the most durable cases.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Can you comment on their skin, that is an extremely low price for a full body skin. I was thinking about buying one and that would be great.

I have ordered numerous skins from them before. I actually installed the invisible shield a few days ago. Upon receipt of the best skin, I removed the invisible shield and installed the best skin. I could not be any happier. It covers everything, including the chrome. Don't let the low price throw you off. The quality is just as good as the I.S., and it covers more of the phone.

However, it does not have the lifetime warranty, but, you can but 4 of them for the price of the I.S.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I have ordered numerous skins from them before. I actually installed the invisible shield a few days ago. Upon receipt of the best skin, I removed the invisible shield and installed the best skin. I could not be any happier. It covers everything, including the chrome. Don't let the low price throw you off. The quality is just as good as the I.S., and it covers more of the phone.

However, it does not have the lifetime warranty, but, you can but 4 of them for the price of the I.S.

Thanks, I will order from them. IMO think its ridiculous to charge over $15 for some clear film.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Thanks nospleen,

That's all the info I needed. I just ordered mine. Will report back with a review.

You will love it... Installing it takes some patience though. My parents stopped by today to have me install theirs. I ended up installing theirs, mine, and my wife's today. Putting on one is bad enough, but 4, yuck!

Good luck!

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
You will love it... Installing it takes some patience though. My parents stopped by today to have me install theirs. I ended up installing theirs, mine, and my wife's today. Putting on one is bad enough, but 4, yuck!

Good luck!

So is it the bottom piece that covers the chrome bezel or the screen portion? How much coverage is there? Can you post some pix? I know I'm getting mine soon but I'm actually thinking about just getting the power support crystal.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
So is it the bottom piece that covers the chrome bezel or the screen portion? How much coverage is there? Can you post some pix? I know I'm getting mine soon but I'm actually thinking about just getting the power support crystal.

Here you go!

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 140

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
And a few more... It even has a round piece that covers the home button.

Attachments

• IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2280.jpg
    IMG_2280.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 193

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
nospleen,

Wow!!

Nice job on the installation. From what I see, BSE covers way more than the invisibleshield. Thanks again for the prompt response.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
I had to remove the IS to install the BSE. You can take it off, but it takes a good bit of effort. It does not leave a residue, and of course it cannot be re applied after removal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.