InvisibleShield for MacBook...anyone own/used?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rovias, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Rovias macrumors member

So I'm on the verge of ordering a black MacBook, and I heard that it scratches much easier than the white one. I noticed that ShieldZone.com has a full body InvisibleShield available for the MacBook. Does anyone own one of these for their MacBook, and if so, how well does it work? I know it works for iPods, but I never considered putting one on a laptop before.

2. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

I've got one on my nano and it's amazing, the stuff is awesome. If you're worried about scratches and scuffs... go for it, but you'll have a glossy exterior on your macbook too....

3. hqsbud macrumors member

I'm quite impressed with InvisibleShield myself. I put it on my daughter's MacBook at the beginning of summer, and it still looks very pristine. I also put it on my own MacBook Pro, but that was just a couple of weeks ago.

It is a bit of a trick putting it on. I did a perfect job on the MacBook. I wasn't quite so perfect on the MacBook Pro, and there's a few bits of lint underneath.

EDIT: This was discussed in another thread which might help too.

EDIT2: Also, you'll see references to MarWare. I don't know it myself, but I've only heard good things about it.

4. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

I've had one on for the past 3 months. It's great. My macbook gets carted around in a backpack most days, and it has yet to get scratched and the shield shows no signs of wear. But be sure to put in on in a dust-free environment especially with the black one I'd imagine, and use every drop of the spray you have, because putting on the top well piece is quite a challenge.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

6. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Can't tell you if it works on a Macbook well, but I can say it works wonderfully for my 1G nano. I've had it for almost a year now and it's pretty much 100% scratchless. So I'd have to go ahead and say it'd work just as well on a Macbook.