invoicing software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by galstaph, Apr 30, 2006.

1. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

Does anyone know of some good (easy to use) invoicing software?
    i am looking for some for my father in law's handyman business.
    He uses windows (I know, I have to keep it working:rolleyes:), but something maybe mac/win compatible so I can work with it on my ibook and his pc would be good. I do have a windows machine here to do trials with so either format works.
    Any suggestions are appreciated

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I don't know about working with both, but I use QuickBooks Pro for Mac to invoice my customers.

3. galstaph thread starter macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I'll take a look at that, just looked at the video for filemaker 8... that is the same guy they're using on the quickbooks site:eek:

4. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I use QuickBooks on WinXP for invoicing. Bought it in 2003, and have never bothered to upgrade. I dont do anything complex, but it is very easy to use software. Mac versions available as well, so should not be a cross platform issue.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Pls. don't assume that a program that has the same name is the same program on Mac and Win.

Quikbooks is notorious for their out of date and unsupported Mac software. Some of the Quickbooks products are rebadged MYOB for Mac.

Esp. with accounting software, assume that you will NOT be able to transfer data, unless proven otherwise.

Oh, and in Canada, assume that the program will not handle GST properly, unless proven otherwise. If the program doesn't have a Canadian version, likely it can't do it. The support people will say "Oh yeah, you can program the city and state taxes any way you want" but they don't know squat. The GST is a Value-added tax and your submissions have to net the input credits against the tax received.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

I give Windows-specific qbb files to my Winblows-using accountant all the time.