Iomega Jaz and iMac G3

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Tyger, Aug 20, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a bunch of data stored on 2GB disks for the Iomega Jaz drive that I would like to transfer to my iMac G3. How do I manage this? The Jaz drive has a parallell port and the iMac has a USB port. Is it possible to connect these two in some way? Or is it perhaps possible to first transfer the data to a PC and then to the iMac? I am thankful for all help with this.

2. macrumors G4

You need a parallel to USB adapter or you can buy a USB JAZ drive for your iMac.

3. macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...are you sure it is a parallel port and not the 25-pin SCSI port that looks the same (been a while since I used a jaz drive...)....I thought (and I may be wrong) that Jaz drives were all SCSI but came with the SCSI/Parallel adapter/converter thing. Anyway, Iomega still sell a Jaz drive USB adapter but they want about $80 for it.....oh yeah

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answers MisterMe and Duff-Man. It is of course a SCSI port on the back, I gave the wrong description earlier. Perhaps the "Goodway USB 2.0 IDE Adapter with power supply" will be sufficient to solve my problem?