1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Iomega Jaz and iMac G3

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Tyger, Aug 20, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a bunch of data stored on 2GB disks for the Iomega Jaz drive that I would like to transfer to my iMac G3. How do I manage this? The Jaz drive has a parallell port and the iMac has a USB port. Is it possible to connect these two in some way? Or is it perhaps possible to first transfer the data to a PC and then to the iMac? I am thankful for all help with this.

2. macrumors G4

You need a parallel to USB adapter or you can buy a USB JAZ drive for your iMac.

3. macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...are you sure it is a parallel port and not the 25-pin SCSI port that looks the same (been a while since I used a jaz drive...)....I thought (and I may be wrong) that Jaz drives were all SCSI but came with the SCSI/Parallel adapter/converter thing. Anyway, Iomega still sell a Jaz drive USB adapter but they want about $80 for it.....oh yeah

4. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answers MisterMe and Duff-Man. It is of course a SCSI port on the back, I gave the wrong description earlier. Perhaps the "Goodway USB 2.0 IDE Adapter with power supply" will be sufficient to solve my problem?