Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I kept getting this when using the app store and safari. It seems they fixed whatever was causing it because it affected all my third party keyboards including Swiftkey.

I had this as well recently with Swype but then using the official 10.2 version. I sure hope they release a fix soon. I had to turn my phone of to fix the problem. Removing the keyboard and adding it again didn't resolve it.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
I had this as well recently with Swype but then using the official 10.2 version. I sure hope they release a fix soon. I had to turn my phone of to fix the problem. Removing the keyboard and adding it again didn't resolve it.

I resolved the issue by constantly opening and closing the app and re-showing the keyboard. It takes a while, and is only a temporary workaround, but it works.

dgreening

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
I had an iPhone 6 with the Apple Smart case. The case kept the phone at 100% almost the whole day and most days it was never off of 100%. I would have to think it was ok since I had the phone for over a year before I got the 7. No issues at all but to each his own on this topic. Everyone has their opinion and they way they like to do it. For me, I plug it in every night so I am at 100% in the morning.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
thanks
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Im not going to start a war here. Just do as you like.
I try to do this: charge the phone when it's below 30% or lets say at around 20% and pull the charger at 90% so that it won't be fully charged.

This is only true for old NiMH and NiCd batteries, Li and Li-ion batteries have no "memory effect" and in opposite it is can have a light negative effect when you fully discharge them. You have to charge Li batteries fully to have longer life.

When you fully discharge iPhone battery it only resets a battery meter on iOS and makes it more accurate.

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

Suspended
Nov 19, 2015
thanks

This is only true for old NiMH and NiCd batteries, Li and Li-ion batteries have no "memory effect" and in opposite it is can have a light negative effect when you fully discharge them. You have to charge Li batteries fully to have longer life.

When you fully discharge iPhone battery it only resets a battery meter on iOS and makes it more accurate.

The link says Lithium based batteries. Do you even read before you blather?
And with the "memory effect" you actually need to charge a battery fully to preserve the capacity and not the other way round. Get your facts straight!

juzkid

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2015
I have been using iOS 10.2.1 beta 4 for few days and I definitely think battery on beta 3 is much better. I have disabled Background Refresh but some apps like facebook, messenger, music still doing background thingy. Maybe multitask in this beta is acting up though.

I have reset/reboot/hard reboot and problem still there.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I do think after updating to a beta, it takes a few days for the battery to become good. I'm guessing it's indexing, sending diagnostics, etc.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I have been using iOS 10.2.1 beta 4 for few days and I definitely think battery on beta 3 is much better. I have disabled Background Refresh but some apps like facebook, messenger, music still doing background thingy. Maybe multitask in this beta is acting up though.

Make sure to close it in app switcher. Turn your location off for those apps too. It'll help.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

My wet finger in the air says that beta 4 battery life is the best I've seen it. I haven't changed settings since iOS 9, bar on, location on, etc.

mattysmith118

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2016
South West Wales
Since Beta 4 came out anyone who has Snapchat ... is your notifications automatically clearing? Mine stays there even after you open the snap/convo

Attachments

• IMG_0660.PNG
    IMG_0660.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 200

Sammydad1

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2017
The only beta issue I am having issues with is this rapid battery drain. I hope it is corrected in the 10.3 beta, and it stays corrected....

Or at least apple should let us downgrade back to 10.1.1, which they would have to re-open their signing protocols....

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
The only beta issue I am having issues with is this rapid battery drain. I hope it is corrected in the 10.3 beta, and it stays corrected....

Or at least apple should let us downgrade back to 10.1.1, which they would have to re-open their signing protocols....
If 10.2.1 beta has an issue, 10.3 isn't out yet, and 10.1.1 is not available, there is another option for you

10.1.1 (not available)
10.2 (no battery issue, and is available right now)
10.2.1 (battery issue)
10.3 (not yet available)

Sammydad1

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for the reply....

I had removed the betas and reverted to 10.2 release, and it had the rapid battery drain issue, for me and for many others, altho some folks, not.

10.2.1 beta 1 & 2 was much worse for me, and the charging rate was terrible too....

At lease with beta 4, the charging rate is back to normal-ish....

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
I have an iPhone 6 Plus with a wireless charger case. I basically keep my phone at 100% 24/7.
Every 2 or 3 weeks ill let my phone drop to say 20% to cycle it a bit.
I've been doing this for 2 years and have had no problem at all.

Would you be able to link to which case you use? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.